Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPSEC(youtube preppers)a warning!
1 November 2013, 21:43,
RE: OPSEC(youtube preppers)a warning!
A lot of these guys are after celeb status and are running businesses. I run a martial arts club and use it for the same thing
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles
3 November 2013, 18:09,
I openly speak a lot but I never show my face. A lot of my friends overseas are like that too. But when you use alias names and create fictional areas it really upsets Journos. I must have sent some Journos on daft wild goose chases.
16 November 2013, 00:33,
I think it may be a good idea for some people to watch what they say on here, as i was bored one night i went over a random persons posts and worked out from there discriptions where they live. even there estate,then using google street view found there house with there vehicle in the drive along with there partner, also discribed in back posts. little by little over some time they had given up there OPSEC by talking to much.
tickled pink with doing this i tryed it again with someone else, someone who used a nick name, i wont say how but using various searches i found there propper name along with an address and pictures of there family, this was more trickey,
I have no dought that i could be found, but my point is some times we can be our own worst enemy, saying to much for no reason what so ever.(or maybe to bump up there posts)
16 November 2013, 10:41, (This post was last modified: 16 November 2013, 10:42 by bigpaul.)
there is a difference I think between actually working out where someone lives by their posts and splashing their face all over youtube!!

I mean, everyone knows what "armoured cockroach" looks like-right?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 November 2013, 11:48,
(16 November 2013, 10:41)bigpaul Wrote: there is a difference I think between actually working out where someone lives by their posts and splashing their face all over youtube!!

I don'tSmile seriously
16 November 2013, 11:55, (This post was last modified: 16 November 2013, 12:49 by bigpaul.)
(16 November 2013, 11:48)Tartar Horde Wrote:
(16 November 2013, 10:41)bigpaul Wrote: there is a difference I think between actually working out where someone lives by their posts and splashing their face all over youtube!!

I don'tSmile seriously

I do, he's pretty prolific on youtube, and that face and voice is instantly recognizable.

(16 November 2013, 00:33)Bjm Wrote: I think it may be a good idea for some people to watch what they say on here, as i was bored one night i went over a random persons posts and worked out from there discriptions where they live. even there estate,then using google street view found there house with there vehicle in the drive along with there partner.

I think I know who you meanBig Grin I also did the same and soon found someone else's address and a photo of the house so its easily done.

I think we can all work out roughly where people come from from their posts, but this wasn't the point of the original thread it was about youtube videos.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 November 2013, 17:05,
But with Armoured Cockroach and Funkypreper, what they get from youtube is a good amount of supporters plus if they've like commercialized it they get a supplement to their income and allow them to prep more, I bet they could make a community with their subscribers.
Positively Pessimistic
16 November 2013, 17:32,
(16 November 2013, 17:05)Kiril Wrote: But with Armoured Cockroach and Funkypreper, what they get from youtube is a good amount of supporters plus if they've like commercialized it they get a supplement to their income and allow them to prep more, I bet they could make a community with their subscribers.

true, but the downside is everyone who watches youtube knows they are a prepper and are therefore a target WTSHTF.
16 November 2013, 19:10,
Well, if they get to that part of youtube. Could be they only have a certain niche, but I get what you mean. But not everyone has the time or drive to find out where they live...
Positively Pessimistic
17 November 2013, 17:49,
Funkyprepper is a business in North Carolina, USA, that uses U-tube and facebook as free advertising.

They want you to know where they are and what they have because it is all for sale! Their location is advertised and a map with directions to the store on their website.

Armored cockroach is a different deal. A Brit with a well broadcast series, and therefore incomprehensible, and your problem.

Most of the U-tube wonders not engaged in a business enterprise are careful to maintain some form of security if they have any good sense at all. It they do not have sense to do so they need to be eliminated from the gene pool anyway.

The "followers" of the lesser known "broadcasts" or these forums we frequent are a miniscule group and the chances of anyone traveling any distance to steal their gear is therefore also minute. I doubt there is any more risk than would be present in any stressful situation.

It's your neighbors that will get you, not some cyber-monkey that went climbing through the matrix to find your location half way across the world.