Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cost effective solar set up
22 December 2011, 19:55,
RE: Cost effective solar set up
This was taken when I first started to get interested in solar, my thoughts at the time were recharge batteries for shtf and play a few movies on a small screen dvd and play music and lighting, things have now changed as I went form the above to cooking and water filter needs, power tools and cctv it grew.

[Image: BeDwR1i3vrSNmjx4hKM5GePMr.jpg]

[Image: JwZY6a2Cg5TrHj35EoIjR2zwp.jpg]

Was just a car batt at that time.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
22 December 2011, 22:00,
Looks good. It looks more like an IED though. Should keep Plod busy for a while if he comes visiting.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 December 2011, 23:07,
(22 December 2011, 22:00)Skean Dhude Wrote: Looks good. It looks more like an IED though. Should keep Plod busy for a while if he comes visiting.

ROTFLMBO Smile That had me choke on my JD

22 December 2011, 23:15,
(22 December 2011, 22:00)Skean Dhude Wrote: Looks good. It looks more like an IED though. Should keep Plod busy for a while if he comes visiting.

lol SD Big Grin

That was the birth so to say the system has grown some and the cabinet is somewhat better than just a bit of wood.

After New Year I will do a video and take pics and offer help to whoever needs it.

It’s quite a lot to cover so will take some time, also I have a mobile solar build I might post that up.
23 December 2011, 10:28,
OK folks full serious mode now, W & C is posting very very high grade info and articles on various subjects complete with images, WE MUST copy and store this ALL before the nutter dewletes it after crimbo. Can SD please use something like Cute PDF writer to capture and convert all of W & Cs illustrated " How To" posts and put them in the downloads section.

Please
NR

23 December 2011, 10:58,
I am not going to delete anything, just videos when I feel the need.
23 December 2011, 11:27,
(23 December 2011, 10:58)WetandCold Wrote: I am not going to delete anything, just videos when I feel the need.

Please dont feel the need.

23 December 2011, 11:48,
NR,

You don't understand copyright do you. I can't do that. The T&Cs mean I will leave them up for people and it will be available but I can't process them any other way. You put Copyright on yours to ensure the same.

Personally, I download everything. I have all of W&Cs videos for personal use but i can't post them without permission.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 December 2011, 20:34,
As a member of this forum is ready to buy I thought it best to add this information as a starting block for all.

When buying solar regulator you need to know this math, and remember you will want to upgrade panels as time goes by so allow for higher amp controller for this reason.

It seems that watts panel to regulator is like this, 5 amp = 60 watt 10 amp = 120 watt, I have just bought a new MTTP regulator and it is 30amp so can run up to 360 watts panels.

So if you buy a 80watt panel your need 10amp regulator and that will allow you to add another 40watt panel later on, as 10 amp = 120watt.

My advice is to get 30 amp minimum and leave room for bigger panel upgrades later.

My advice for inverter always buy branded and one that can run high watts constant over 12 hour period, remember all tools and gadgets have a watt number on them it is by this you can determine if you can use on your solar setup, when you start solar you will find there are many low watt tools and whatever items out there.

If you try use a 500watt drill on a 300watt inverter you will blow inverter.
27 December 2011, 20:15,
thanks for all the work on this W&C.
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.