Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preserving footware
2 November 2013, 21:00,
RE: Preserving footware
Oil and axle grease is as good as anything, have you ever looked at a mechanics boots,..Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
2 November 2013, 23:01, (This post was last modified: 2 November 2013, 23:14 by Midnitemo.)
Highlander...i'm guessing you must have a boot room lol....her indoors would skin me alive if I walked boots through her house that i'd dressed with oil and grease....happened once when I fekked up a service on the bike in the man cave, got oil everywhere and trod it in the house....5 years ago and she still goes on about it......can't beat a bit of dubbin once in a while....i'm not too precious about boots though , they all wear out in the end...used to buy lundhags religiously for many years but i'm into lowa at the mo...third the price 75% as good, use work totectors for the donkey work.

use American made Wolverines for casual/down the pub /summer bike riding.....decent high performance boots and nobody would ever know.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
7 November 2013, 08:15,
Oil and grease works great as per HL's post, but it can rot the stitching and laces, its a catch 22

animal fat works quite well, even raw, but tallow is the best thing i've found to date.

If the supermarkets are open, Dubbin is the best by far, i had an old scabby pair of suede boots that got a new lease of life with dubbin haha!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....