Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lidl - book on preserves
8 November 2013, 09:49,
Lidl - book on preserves
Hi Folks,
My wife and i were in Lidl the other day and she picked up a book on making preserves etc for 3.99, rrp was 9.99. Also had a section on curing meat among other things.
I hav'nt really bothered much learning this kind of stuff in the past but i figured it would be a really handy reference book to have (although im sure all you long term preppers out there learned all this stuff ages ago lol)
Cheers K.
8 November 2013, 17:27,
RE: Lidl - book on preserves
(8 November 2013, 09:49)Karidian Wrote: Hi Folks,
My wife and i were in Lidl the other day and she picked up a book on making preserves etc for 3.99, rrp was 9.99. Also had a section on curing meat among other things.
I hav'nt really bothered much learning this kind of stuff in the past but i figured it would be a really handy reference book to have (although im sure all you long term preppers out there learned all this stuff ages ago lol)
Cheers K.

Will have to take a look at that. Since they put the bloody bakery in they don't seem to have as much stuff as they used to
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles
8 November 2013, 23:44,
Name of the book? I recently got a book on preserving, smoking, and the alike. Mainly for reference too. Although I hope to be learning primitive smoking pretty soon.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 November 2013, 11:48,
Titled 'a little course in preserving'. Part of a series by DK books. Others include 'growing fruit and veg', baking, wine, sewing and knitting. All things that could be useful. (reading from the back of the book, i have'nt checked out their website in detail yet).
K.
9 November 2013, 11:58,
haven't seen ANY books in our local Lidl, since they put in the bakery they now stock less of this sort of thing, its also one of the smaller branches.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 November 2013, 12:27,
I'll be having a look tomorrow to see if ours have it
11 November 2013, 12:54,
(9 November 2013, 12:27)I-K-E Wrote: I'll be having a look tomorrow to see if ours have it

picked one up today just about to dig it out of the bags for a quick look