Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Learn survivalist skills and help us out at the same time!
12 November 2013, 11:38,
Learn survivalist skills and help us out at the same time!
Hi folk

I have carefully re-read the posting guidelines and I think this post is reasonable enough, although it is partly a recruitment advert.

Myself and my partner need regular (or irregular) volunteers to help us manage our twenty acres of woodland. I feel it is appropriate to post this as I can guarantee you will learn some very useful survivalist skills if you spend some time with us, as we live in the woodland without electricity (thus far) and are starting to practice self-sufficiency in the woodland.

Even the woodland conservation work will give you survival skills, as we focus on using hand tools, thus can show you how to use and repair various blades.

All food and tea and biscuits provided on volunteering days.

Please forgive me if this post is not appropriate (in which case I guess it may not make it to publication anyway.)

Cheers!
12 November 2013, 11:41,
RE: Learn survivalist skills and help us out at the same time!
it might help if you mentioned the general location you are looking for volunteers with out giving away exactly where you are
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/
12 November 2013, 11:51,
You may find assistance through the Land Buddy scheme on the off grid forum
http://www.off-grid.net/

BTW Bushcraft, Coppicing and Wilderness is not survivalism or prepping.

12 November 2013, 11:56,
thanks for the tips,

Location is EX21 5XF
12 November 2013, 12:25,
You may also find keen volunteers at your local Transition town Group, Sustainable Communities group both of whom are active in your area.

12 November 2013, 12:36,
he and his OH are 4 miles down the road from ME! glad to see your back Strive!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 November 2013, 21:23,
I would be there in a shot if you were the other end of the country,... but I wish you well, I am sure you will find the help you want
A major part of survival is invisibility.
14 November 2013, 10:31,
(12 November 2013, 21:23)Highlander Wrote: I would be there in a shot if you were the other end of the country,... but I wish you well, I am sure you will find the help you want

Thanks all.

Not back for long I'm afraid Paul! Catch me when you can!
14 November 2013, 11:47,
(14 November 2013, 10:31)Strive Wrote: Not back for long I'm afraid Paul!

that's a shame Strive.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 November 2013, 10:36,
What I mean is I haven't got much time to be on here. I am in Devon -~Exmouth as myself and my partnter are having problems...so can't move back to the land yet.