Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
simple home defense.
17 November 2013, 12:05,
simple home defense.
PUNJI STICKS!! please note, only to be used POST SHTF! American site but a universal application. http://preparedforthat.com/simple-home-d...ji-sticks/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 November 2013, 23:12,
RE: simple home defense.
Gah my dad taught me how to make and implement them... He says they're most effective when wounding and used in conjunction with an ambush... My dad scares me.
Positively Pessimistic
25 November 2013, 01:25,
He sounds great to me. lol
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
4 December 2013, 18:28,
Back in Viet Nam, "Charley" used to dip the punji stick points in human feces... big time fatal infection without antibiotics...
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
4 December 2013, 19:18,
(4 December 2013, 18:28)Jonas Wrote: Back in Viet Nam, "Charley" used to dip the punji stick points in human feces... big time fatal infection without antibiotics...
that's how I would imagine using them JP....POST shtf only of course!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 December 2013, 04:13,
Contrary to the link 10%of the casualties in Viet Namn were NOT due to punji sticks. It is simply not true. No statistics support it and the VN war is well documented in that regard.

Punjis are more effective physiologically than factually. Many times the enemy left a half dug pit with punjis in the bottom, exposed visible and in the clear, just so it would be seen and cause fear.

They are very effective when left visible for denying easy access to an area or channelizing movement around a defensive position.

They make the enemy wonder "what else is there?" just like they do us when we see them.

Spiked logs and caltrops are the same, they actually work best when they can be seen, avoided, and make people go where you want them to go.
5 December 2013, 12:22,
Caesar pits as named after the genocidal maniac himself are a very underrated deterrent, small ankle deep holes big enough for a foot to fit in with a sharp spike at the bottom. The purpose being to impale an enemy or break his ankle, also lethal against Horse. They can be easily concealed as the small size of the pit means you don't have a lot of soil to get rid of, veni vidi vici folks.
5 December 2013, 20:20,
It strikes me that a loose bundle of barbed wire thrown over the stairs banister would slow an interloper considerably, giving you time to poke him with something long and sharp. Just a thought.
5 December 2013, 20:24,
(5 December 2013, 20:20)Steve Wrote: It strikes me that a loose bundle of barbed wire thrown over the stairs banister would slow an interloper considerably, giving you time to poke him with something long and sharp. Just a thought.

I like the idea of throwing a load of barbed wire straight at them. Just need to try explaining to the wife why there's a reel of barbed wire under the bed.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 December 2013, 05:55,
If razor wire is legal to have where you are, a perimeter of tanglefoot rigged razor wure with some trip flares, backed up by a 12-ga. and ample quantity of US 00 or Euro SG buck will do the work!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA