Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi tech wellies
18 November 2013, 12:26, (This post was last modified: 18 November 2013, 12:27 by Midnitemo.)
Hi tech wellies
Am going to take the plunge and buy some new fangled willies(main criteria are they need to be warm and comfy...been looking at muckboots the brand anyone got some experience of them or any other brands to suggest?

Wellies....Ahem typo...lol
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
18 November 2013, 12:50,
RE: Hi tech wellies
http://www.wellie-web.co.uk muckboots £69.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 November 2013, 18:55,
This is what I have been using for the past year. Temps where I live are about the same as you folk have and they have served me well, although I have not used them down to the rated -40f temps announced. I have been comfortable well below freezing when a pair of wool socks were added.

They sit by the back door and are used daily for trips down the hill to feed the hens and for the daily outing roaming the fields that are presently saturated with water.

The company ships to GB, and although the shipping cost might be high the reasonable price for the goods might offset it.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/ka...?a=1518510
18 November 2013, 20:15,
As an ex-squadie, I understand the need to look after your feet, but am I the only one who thinks this kind of price tag is far too much, I could buy two pairs of good boots with £69.

Smile, one of the best pairs of boots I have ever owned, are the ones I am using now,... and they were given to me, the wife gave me her ex-husbands boots..Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
18 November 2013, 23:29,
i've found em for £55 postage paid...seems cheap compared to the other quality wellies like hunter and aigle...my last wellies were £20 and my feet froze all last winter down the stables , i only get one season out of these cheaper ones before they spring a leak, if the muckboots are a bit sturdier they may be a decent buy.
20 December 2013, 13:33,
Well i can heartily report that my muckboot thurso's are the bee's knee's....comfy like a slipper and toastie warm Big Grin
20 December 2013, 16:31,
Which ones did you finally settle on?
20 December 2013, 18:31,
(18 November 2013, 12:26)Midnitemo Wrote: Am going to take the plunge and buy some new fangled willies(main criteria are they need to be warm and comfy...been looking at muckboots the brand anyone got some experience of them or any other brands to suggest?

Wellies....Ahem typo...lol

I have the camo muck boots,extremely comfortable and warm but haven,t got much grip on mud or slippery surfaces.I do a a lot of miles walking my dogs on mixed surfaces and have worn them out in four months.asked cobbler in town if they could be retreaded,but due to spongy material the glue wouldn't stick.have slipped and fallen a good few times on mudSad
20 December 2013, 18:36,
i bought the thurso 3.5's there quite a sturdy workboot type sole rather than the rippled type so i'm hoping they'll stand upto the rigours , i don't tend to walk miles and miles in em , more for mucking out the horses but i will take em hunting.