Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vicks vapo rub to stop night time coughing.
19 November 2013, 19:03,
vicks vapo rub to stop night time coughing.
just read this on facebook and a friend of mine has tried this with her daughter and says this method really does work very well indeed.

Some people have used Vicks Vapo rub for years for everything from chapped lips to sore toes and many body parts in between. But one usage is getting a lot of attention lately because studies show that it works 100% of the time. Although scientists discovered this remedy, they are not sure how or why it works, but it does. And it works everytime. To stop night time coughing, you put Vicks Vapo rub generously on the bottom of both feet at bedtime, then cover with socks. Even persistant, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and will stay suppressed for up to 8 hours of relief. Studies show that it is more effective in children than some of the strongest prescription cough medicines on the market today. In addition, it has a soothing and comforting effect that brings on a sound and peaceful sleep.
19 November 2013, 19:11,
RE: vicks vapo rub to stop night time coughing.
mother used to rub Vicks ointment on my chest as a kid....I was asthmatic...the smell stays with you for a lifetime-never forget that smell!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 November 2013, 21:31,
Vick is one of those magical produces like cider,... it has so many uses being antiseptic, if I ever get a graze, cut, infection etc, I will always try Vick first,.. more time than not it will work, and work very fast
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 November 2013, 06:49,
Must be something going on in the feet because I've used arnica gel and they said to rub it on your feet as well as the affected area. It worked great that way.
20 November 2013, 10:35,
i googled it and am a little bit skeptical

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/medical..._cough.htm
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
20 November 2013, 17:02,
well tried it and my daughter has stopped coughing ,so bloody hell it seemed to work
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
20 November 2013, 17:46,
(20 November 2013, 17:02)Barneyboy Wrote: well tried it and my daughter has stopped coughing ,so bloody hell it seemed to work

great stuff bb. glad to hear it from more than 1 person.
23 April 2017, 20:42,
Once again you will find that the peoples pharmacy have a lot of different reports of the use of Vicks Vapour rub or of generic vapour rubs.
http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/
then use the search function,for vicks vapour rub.
24 April 2017, 09:42,
Put some on the tip of your nose before bed time ...if you feel a cold coming on ...or if you have the sniffles .....works every time .
31 May 2017, 05:51,
Heavy coughing at night in the midst of your slumber could really be irritating. Here are some tips for your cough and cold. http://tgp.com.ph/blog/category/cough/