Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Christmas Day!
26 November 2013, 20:39,
RE: It's Christmas Day!
(26 November 2013, 00:04)Mortblanc Wrote: If someone did find the perfect answer he would just change the stipulations again.

1. No stipulations have been changed. Was there an EMP? I didn't say. What I did say that there were a "few" cars on the road, the commercial AM and FM frequencies were full of static, but no broadcasting could be heard, and cellphones would power up but showed "no service".

2. If someone did find the "perfect" answer, I'd be extremely surprised since this whole scenario was written to preclude any "perfect" answer. As I would expect in any disaster, there is no single answer because no one knows all the facts as the disaster unfolds.

Rather than putting words in my mouth... err... post, go back and reread the original scenario. List the possible causes of the power outage. List the options that you have since you're away from home. What would you do first? Second? Third? Set up a flow chart - if A then C, if not A then G, etc. Would you sit there in the dark and finish up Grandpa's rum punch and pass out, or would you assume a leadership role? List how you'd handle your brother-in-law's situation without enough gasoline to drive hi family home. Tell us what you'd do with Grandma and Grandpa. Leave them? Stay and help? How about "Aunt Tilly"? Return her to the retirement home? Drive her there? Make her walk?

Better yet, spend the time to write a scenario of your own and post it.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
27 November 2013, 06:15,
I don't think I am interested in taking the time to go through all those options, sequences and alphabet soup logic choices.

You see I have a big Thanksgiving dinner to prepare. All the kids will be in the 300 mile trip from Tennessee, with all the grandchildren and a few other close friends.

We usually have a big bonfire all morning while we shoot skeet in the back field and cook the turkey over the coals wrapped in heavy aluminum foil. I still have to cook all the extras before they start arriving tomorrow night and the girls take over my kitchen.

I sure hope the electricity does not go off! That would be inconvenient, but at least I would have plenty of help to bring the wood stove in from the screened porch and get it hooked up. That sucker is heavy!
27 November 2013, 09:18,
Good luck with the thanksgiving lunch.
Failure is NOT an option