Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
farmer builds "cob" house for £150.
26 November 2013, 17:34,
RE: farmer builds "cob" house for £150.
(26 November 2013, 16:29)Midnitemo Wrote: wow .. are you watching africa? now thats wnat i call a mud hut!

I expect your too young to know about these sorts of things!Tongue cob is an ancient building material used in many rural parts of England(especially the south west).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 November 2013, 18:51, (This post was last modified: 26 November 2013, 18:51 by Midnitemo.)
if only i were to young...tis pretty much the same stuff great swathes of africa built huts with...and we generically called them mud huts even though many weren't

theres not much new in the world
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
26 November 2013, 19:19, (This post was last modified: 26 November 2013, 19:23 by bigpaul.)
(26 November 2013, 18:51)Midnitemo Wrote: if only i were to young...tis pretty much the same stuff great swathes of africa built huts with...and we generically called them mud huts even though many weren't

theres not much new in the world

that's the whole point, nothing new about it, its a very old technology.

"back in the day" people used what was LOCALLY available, if you lived where there was lots of stone you built your house of stone, in a wooded area you built a wooden house, well down here there was plenty of earth, straw and dung so the houses were built of that, there was also plenty of thatching material( no longer so-its all imported now).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 November 2013, 19:33,
Saw this on the news the other day.Great stuff.
26 November 2013, 19:36,
it was in the Daily Express today.
28 November 2013, 20:07,
House I grew up in was cob. Walls were about 80cm thick and none of our units ever pushed flush up against the walls because of the uneven nature of the wall. But it had character. (And two fire places).
29 November 2013, 12:59,
I spent a few years living in a stone cottage on Dartmoor( ex miners cottage) walls were about 3 feet thick.