Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Follow on from crossbow thread - co2 pistol
28 November 2013, 14:02,
Follow on from crossbow thread - co2 pistol
I have various electric pistols and rifles that fire .2g bb's for airsofting. I also have a co2 GBB (gas blow back) pistol for the same. After some comments in the pistol crossbow thread i decided to order some steel bb's and try them in my co2 pistol. waste of time.
The steel bb's are not manufactured to the same specifications so not all will fire properly. Also the heavier weight makes range something of an issue. No more than 20 feet with any accuracy and that with a full, new, co2 cartridge. I had had suspected as much but fancied giving it a go anyway.
The steel bb's are approx .8g so 4x heavier than usual but i think even hitting someone straight in the face you would need to hit them in the eyes or mouth from extremely close range to do any real damage.
All in all i think the pistol would have more deterrent value in that it looks realistic so people would think you were armed than if you actually had to fire it.
28 November 2013, 14:09, (This post was last modified: 28 November 2013, 14:09 by Geordie_Rob.)
RE: Follow on from crossbow thread - co2 pistol
Not sure about co2 but I have one of those spring repeater pistols you can use pellets or bb's in. I thought it was empty so cocked & fired it into my palm (stupid I know). It wasn't empty. It stung a fair bit & left a nice little mark for about 10 minutes but in no way was the pain unbearable & didn't stop me doing anything immediately after I put it down. No broken skin or anything. The same pistol with a pointed pellet inside killed a mouse in my shed though.

I was using the steel SMK .177 bb's
29 November 2013, 07:12, (This post was last modified: 29 November 2013, 07:14 by Binnie.)
(28 November 2013, 14:02)Karidian Wrote: I have various electric pistols and rifles that fire .2g bb's for airsofting. I also have a co2 GBB (gas blow back) pistol for the same. After some comments in the pistol crossbow thread i decided to order some steel bb's and try them in my co2 pistol. waste of time.
The steel bb's are not manufactured to the same specifications so not all will fire properly. Also the heavier weight makes range something of an issue. No more than 20 feet with any accuracy and that with a full, new, co2 cartridge. I had had suspected as much but fancied giving it a go anyway.
The steel bb's are approx .8g so 4x heavier than usual but i think even hitting someone straight in the face you would need to hit them in the eyes or mouth from extremely close range to do any real damage.
All in all i think the pistol would have more deterrent value in that it looks realistic so people would think you were armed than if you actually had to fire it.

My L96 airsoft springer did some serious damage to a guys finger, at 20m. he wasn't wearing gloves and his finger doubled in size.

he still finished the day though.

i agree, the look of airsoft guns makes them more of an asset if you DON'T fire them, i just wish my i'd ordered my M1911 in a finish other than chrome lol,

forgot to say my L96 fires at about 500fps with .3's twas a private game on an estate and all players were ok with me using it Smile
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
29 November 2013, 08:20,
I reckon there are sufficient comments there to disabuse those who thought Pistol crossbows were useless. These CO2 airguns are even worse.

Back to my crossbow...
29 November 2013, 11:15,
well the first problem was using an airsoft gun. That's like paintball for girlie boys (braces for airsoft fanboy abuse)

The co2 pistols that are MADE to fire the steel ballbearings are much better. Still crap for home defence, but better.

You can also tune these up over the legal 6lb/ft to 12ish
29 November 2013, 16:24,
some of these are very real looking, might deter someone if brandished but thats a heel of a gamble....just dont shoot it! ... or the people will die laughing(hey that might work!!!!!!)
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
29 November 2013, 16:30,
how about a "slingbow" and an arrow?? I've got one set up that will fire 20 inch arrows, on one of the youtube videos it said you could take game with these without any trouble, could work for something on 2 legs??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 November 2013, 21:34,
(29 November 2013, 16:30)bigpaul Wrote: how about a "slingbow" and an arrow?? I've got one set up that will fire 20 inch arrows, on one of the youtube videos it said you could take game with these without any trouble, could work for something on 2 legs??

Like this?

[Image: 720-standing-rabbit-IMG_7337.jpg]
30 November 2013, 10:43,
(29 November 2013, 21:34)BDG Wrote:
(29 November 2013, 16:30)bigpaul Wrote: how about a "slingbow" and an arrow?? I've got one set up that will fire 20 inch arrows, on one of the youtube videos it said you could take game with these without any trouble, could work for something on 2 legs??

Like this?

[Image: 720-standing-rabbit-IMG_7337.jpg]

Nice!!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 December 2013, 00:29,
You need a steel bb co2. If you read any police report from the states most pistol range from a gun fight is less than 3 metres put those things in someone's face at that range see what happens
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles