Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Follow on from crossbow thread - co2 pistol
1 December 2013, 00:49,
RE: Follow on from crossbow thread - co2 pistol
It was less than 3m an average of 4 shots were fired and the gun considered to be the best mannstopper was a .41 last time I read that kind of data........these were real gun's not toy's.......I've been shot from point blank in the face with a webley tempest and believe me it didn't stop me kicking the beejesus out of the kid.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
3 December 2013, 23:10,
if your looking at something less than lethal you can find different .68 cal rounds that will work with paintball markers. especially if you were to bump the velocity up.

but if your looking for cheap home defensive options, there was a guy on doomsday preppers that had a water pistol filled with hot sauce to use like pepper spray. or theres the good old pan full of boiling liquid if you have time to prep it Smile

however i think one of the best options is the sling bow.
Winter is coming
4 December 2013, 11:49,
(3 December 2013, 23:10)Hex Wrote: but if your looking for cheap home defensive options, there was a guy on doomsday preppers that had a water pistol filled with hot sauce to use like pepper spray. or theres the good old pan full of boiling liquid if you have time to prep it Smile

Plenty of acids you can buy. Really nasty ones should you *accidentally* get it on / in someones skin / eyes...
4 December 2013, 12:30,
(4 December 2013, 11:49)BeardyMan Wrote: Plenty of acids you can buy. Really nasty ones should you *accidentally* get it someones skin.

yeah usually mine! and on my clothes!!!(topping up and charging motorcycle/car batteries!)
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 December 2013, 18:50,
Done a bit of research. A co2 pistol firing 1.77/4.5mm bearings will fire at approximately 400fps. This equates to under 1 ftlb. An air rifle in the UK has an upper limit of 12 ftlbs. In other words even a dedicated co2 pistol for firing steel ammo is very weak and not really worth the effort.
Went and spoke to an airgun dealer and discussed the various type of air rifles available. He tried to put me on to a precharged (PCP) rifle. Very accurate at 30 yards+ and with a silencer fitted very quiet. Without a silencer he says it sounds like firing a small bore rifle. Unfortunately needs a compressed gas diving bottle to refill it which may be a small problem after shtf. So back to break barrel or under barrel type. Will last for yonks if taken care of and can be almost as accurate as pcp. However a little more research and ive found that a decent one can cost almost as much as a small bore rifle. May be better off joining a gun club and getting a firearms certificate, a small bore rifle and a shotgun :-P
9 December 2013, 18:53,
depends what you mean by a "decent" one and what you want it for? even the most battered old second hand air rifle would be capable of killing small game at a reasonable distance.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 December 2013, 19:06,
Agreed BP. Sorry should have said. The salesguy tried to put me onto £1200 pcp. They had a £400 underbarrell rifle that he reckoned could get consecutive shots through the same hole in a target (obviously im only buying this for target shooting ;-) ). A £200 rifle could get groupings about the size of a 2p coin. Accurate enough for small game.
9 December 2013, 19:08,
I don't know what brand it was but I just sold a really awful looking but decent shooting .177 air rifle for £35 I only bought it cos it came in a decent gun bag , paid 20 for it , fired about a hundred pellets through it and it was pretty accurate on the iron sights , i'm sure if you put a scope on it it'd be decent rabbit rifle....just don't know how long for as it was already very sloppy and needed constant tightening of the screws , I would want something a bit better when the time comes but hey I got a gun slip £15 and a couple of hours plinking out of it.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
9 December 2013, 19:12,
there is a site called "active shooter" I fell across a couple of days ago, a guy on there was selling off his collection of springers cos he wanted a pcp instead, one of them was a BSA Meteor for £60, I've already got a good one of those so feel free!!
9 December 2013, 22:23,
You can buy a 2nd hand .22 Rimfire carbine/rifle (firearm) for about £35.
.22 Rimfire rounds are about £5 per 50 on average.

Once zero'd in, then accuracy should be consistent.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"