Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Storms
5 December 2013, 17:54,
Winter Storms
OK, so we are now "enjoying" the first storms of winter 2013, The Forth road bridge is shut with long tailbacks of traffic,140 MPH winds, 100,000 properties are without electricity, RHYL in north wales is flooded, parts of Norfolk look like they could be flooded soon, rail traffic has been shut down and 2 people so far are dead, now just imagine this it it, this IS TSHTF.....it can ONLY get worse with heavy snow storms etc.etc. what would you do???
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 December 2013, 19:03, (This post was last modified: 5 December 2013, 19:04 by Stewart.)
RE: Winter Storms
Kettle on,feet up,sit it outBig Grin

Kettle on,feet up,sit it outBig Grin
5 December 2013, 19:05,
back home just had a cuppa

windy on the way home but I think that the worst was during the day whilst at work but did see a small amount of snow mixed in with the rain
5 December 2013, 19:42,
Lubbock and Abilene are getting pounded with ice and snow as I type - we should get hit with rain and thunderstorms from late this afternoon right through Sunday. Got the genny ready for the ham rig should we lose power. I HATE winter!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
5 December 2013, 20:01,
Interesting question BP.

I think we would just have to hunker down, and enjoy the snow when we could. Nothing exciting here. Pop out on the snowboard now and again as an excuse to check the area.

If it was a SHTF situation and people were looting and the alike, I think it would be a good time to arm up and head out for some area checking.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 December 2013, 22:44,
is it raining outside?
I'm safe in this armchair so don't need to look.
The LED screen keeps me warm.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"