Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once in a lifetime flood / storm/ blizzard/ etc
5 December 2013, 20:01,
Once in a lifetime flood / storm/ blizzard/ etc
Anyone else noted that we appear to be now having once in a lifetime events about every other year, methinks many of us will need to adapt our preps a bit.

5 December 2013, 20:10,
RE: Once in a lifetime flood / storm/ blizzard/ etc
I've been talking to a few people about this same thing. Been chatting with BP about it a lot.

One consideration, after the whole 21 Dec 2012 fear, nearly everyone seemed to look at the financial issues and social collapse as being the reason for a SHTF scenario. It seems the weather has brought this line of thought back into vogue.

It gives interesting considerations about where the hordes of refugees will head to. There was an awesome 'flood map' on here somewhere. Might be worth checking that out again. I just remember thinking "Thank F*** that we're safe."
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 December 2013, 20:14,
Yes NR, I have noticed. Some people are having "once in a lifetime" storms every year.
11 December 2013, 16:31,
The lifetime of what though, A politicians promise? We could have four a day then.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 December 2013, 20:40,
I'm with Skean...people aren't stating the life of what!...its a term thats just bandied around without any qualification...our built in oven blew up a little while back when i complained they said the"lifetime"guarantee had expired at 10years, my new car has a "lifetime" warranty of 100,000 miles not so long ago i was doing over 30,000 miles a year so that would equate to about 3years.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!