Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Economic genocide" in the uk?
12 January 2014, 14:58,
RE: "Economic genocide" in the uk?
The trouble with buying a mobile home is not so much residential permission,.. though that in itself would be like finding hens teeth,... but you would have all sort of trouble with laying in water, sewage and drainage,... which you would have to do by law where as you could buy a standard field and move a family caravan onto it without a problem because a caravan is mobile and temporary.... even them, you may be asked to move, but it would be an easier bet in a more remote area
A major part of survival is invisibility.
12 January 2014, 15:45,
well first off, you hire a skip and you get rid of EVERYTHING that you don't need, all those ornaments and books you've been meaning to get rid of for years but never got around to, next any clothes you haven't worn in the last year and anything else you haven't used in the last year(excluding preps that is). next you rent a garage or other lock up or rent space in one of those storage unit places(this is better if you can afford it as their security is better than any garage or lock up) and you store all the stuff in there you don't actually need IMMEDIATELY, this gives you the ability to move around more freely and decide your options. you could buy a cheap caravan-loads on Ebay, personally I'd buy one of those plastic/poly whatsit trailer/load carrier thingies which would give me the opportunity to move around a bit easier.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 January 2014, 16:38,
HL have you seen those TV show with Kevin ? (grand designs) and the other one with that Geordie guy George ( small spaces) apparently its legal to put biuldings onto agricultural land providing it is mobile IE has wheels fitted. They both have used this flaw in the law to build rural retreats legally on agri land.

12 January 2014, 17:18,
that's cos their classed as temporary buildings, mind you either have to own the land or have the permission of the landowner.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 January 2014, 17:20,
Isn't the law that you can put a mobile shelter on agri land, but you're only allowed to stay in it up to 28 days in the year? More than that, you need planning permission.
they laugh at us because we're different, we laugh at them because they're all the same
12 January 2014, 17:30,
yep you got it Ranger!!! 28 nights PER YEAR.
12 January 2014, 18:51,
(12 January 2014, 16:38)NorthernRaider Wrote: HL have you seen those TV show with Kevin ? (grand designs) and the other one with that Geordie guy George ( small spaces) apparently its legal to put biuldings onto agricultural land providing it is mobile IE has wheels fitted. They both have used this flaw in the law to build rural retreats legally on agri land.

Yes, I have,..and that might be the better way to go,..although the caravan would already have the mod cons installed,.. but sure, if you wanted more space thats the way to go
A major part of survival is invisibility.
12 January 2014, 23:16,
We have several loopholes in the laws over here regarding what you call "caravans".

Here we are allowed 120 days use annually on the same location and they can not be listed as a primary dwelling.

What folks do here is Move the caravan.

Hitch it up once a month and tow it to a dump station. Dump the sewage, fill the water tanks and keep your receipt. That receipt proves the caravan was moved off the property, meaning it has not been in that same location for 120 days. Some folks also take time dated pictures proving the caravan was moved from one side of the lot to the other.

What I used to do was tow to a well equipped public RV park and spend the weekend. When I returned from that weekend I always had 120 days ahead of me if needed. I had a nice park about 10 miles from the lot so my tows were never difficult and I often never unhitched from the truck.

I lived in one for a year while I was building a house and I lived in another for 3 months while building the place I am in now. That last caravan is still on the lot and functional.

The one I have now was purchased as basic shelter, but the previous one was a luxury model 35' long with full bath, double bed, living room and a full kitchen. I sold it when I finished my house.

If the caravan is on your own property, and there is a house on the property, it does not have to be moved at all.

Inside urban areas the laws are different, Caravan must be parked on a concrete slab, not used for habitation, not hooked to utilities....

If you can only stay in the caravan for 28 days out of any calendar year on agri-land I must ask who is counting and HOW are they counting? Over here we have a series of regulations called "stalking laws" and all it takes to get them enforced is to be made feel "frightened or unsecure". Proving someone has been spying you for 28 straight days would fill that requirement! That would be especially true if they had to go out of their way to make sure you were in or out.

I had one friend that bought agri-land and immediately built a 10' privacy fence and parked his caravan inside. There was room for his vehicle inside the fence and he came and went as he pleased. He had a nice setup with redwood deck for a porch and a hot tub outside. Container garden on the deck, trees in big pots.

Another friend bought land and built a pole barn and parked his caravan inside that, along with his truck and tractor. He homestead farmed that land, often working the fields until late at night and absolutely no one ever questioned him about his actions. He had a well and a gray water pit, but towed the rig to the park every two weeks or so to dump the sewage, so people saw him towing on and off the property constantly and I do not think they really cared.

Like I said, we have a name for people that can not mind their own business over here, they are called "stalkers".
13 January 2014, 02:41,
In the UK, "Static" caravans can be had very cheaply once they are over a certain age. Many holiday sites will not allow caravans over 12 years age, and they also charge several thousand pounds a year ground rent, so these come up for sale cheaply. A decent 38ft long by 12ft wide caravan can be had for £1000. My neighbour has actually given me a 35ft by 10ft one for free, because the cost of having it removed was more than it is worth. He lived in it when he build his house. It has a tow hitch and small wheels, so it is technically mobile, my small tractor will move it easily.