Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban Survival Skillls
26 December 2013, 11:33,
Urban Survival Skillls
Hello,
I have not been around for sometime, working overseas. Would anyone be interested in doing a two day Urban Survival meet up based around, say Central/North London? I am keen to pass on some of the experience I have built up over the past 20 years. The course would be free and take the course of being a chance to exchange ideas exetra. The best time for this would be a weekend, I will also like to offer a free map reading course, urban based, which I think maybe of use to some people. You will not need any fancy equitment if the course comes off. All are invited from the experienced to the complete novice, this would just be a chanc eto meet up and exchange, practice and gerenally meet like minded people.

Regards
26 December 2013, 17:21,
RE: Urban Survival Skillls
Sounds awesome. Give a date and I'll see if we can pop over.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
26 December 2013, 18:11,
I think the only survival skills you need in Londonistan is how to get out of there FAST!Big Grin maybe it should be a BUGGING OUT class for our poor unfortunate members who have to live there!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 December 2013, 18:59,
Big Paul, you have it one! But sometimes, folks are unable to get out of Dodge fast, for various reasons. I would hope on this course people can explore, exchange and build neworks that will give them some idea of how to proceed when things go seriouly wrong! Just being able to use a map & compass or whatever to navigate out of a bad area is a good skill to have.
26 December 2013, 20:41,
I would be interested, depending on location, accommodation and dates.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
27 December 2013, 09:48,
Sounds good to me depending on dates for arranging time off. Can easily get to kings cross then onwards from there to wherever. Locate near a travelodge though. Cheap, cheerful & all you can eat at breakfast time Smile
27 December 2013, 20:37,
Everyone eventually must either visit or cut through a populated area and should have the skills to avoid problems and/or extract themselves from the situation.

Last spring I got caught in a detour around construction on the highway and was forced to tow BOV complete with fully loaded utility trailer smack through the middle of a ghetto that is rated among the 5 worst places in the U.S.

Would I have gone there on purpose?

Hell no!

Did I wind up there before I realized what was happening?

Yep.

Nothing like following the detour arrows and piddling along and suddenly looking around and thinking What the ....!!
28 December 2013, 11:48,
before going anywhere other than your local area, KNOW where you are going, how to get there and how to get out, GET A MAP and study it, listen to the weather and traffic reports on radio and TV, know where any holdups, road repairs are and avoid them. AND, only go there if you really have to, otherwise avoid the place like the plague, like I do!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 December 2013, 09:20,
I may be interested - time and date permitting
29 December 2013, 17:35,
Hello,
I was thinking maybe back end of March, early April for this course. Feedback please regarding dates?