Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical Supplies - Volume Lesson
31 December 2013, 20:51,
RE: Medical Supplies - Volume Lesson
I do have a good stock of medical stores, it is something we have always put money into,.. for us it is one of the four main store preps, food, medical, hygine and what we call `afters`,..i.e. seeds etc things that will be needed to carry on after

We store our medical in large plastic containers [ about 30" x 15" ] and each covers things as small as aspirin to something like kit for stitching wounds, and almost everything in between, [ inc masks and gloves ],.... with as much written instructions/advice/ manuals as we can find
A major part of survival is invisibility.
1 January 2014, 18:45, (This post was last modified: 1 January 2014, 18:45 by Scythe13.)
As long as everyone recognises that aftercare of an injury will consume over 5x more equipment than the initial First Aid will, that's the main thing.

Well, that's the main thing I learned from this experience.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 January 2014, 22:05,
It's not just the human situation though, is it? We keep livestock and I have a good stock of animal medicaments to hand (believe me, you need them with horses!). Luckily for us, we have an obliging Vet and I can easily obtain top-ups, but the variety of items needed is probably as diverse as those for human ailments.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
2 January 2014, 23:04,
That's a great point MaryN.

I've never taken thought toward the animal first aid issue and then the after care for them.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 January 2014, 00:41,
I have no knowledge of horses, but I know about sheep, and many human medication can be used to good effect on them,.. but there again, keeping a good watch on them can be the better treatment
A major part of survival is invisibility.
3 January 2014, 08:51,
I must admit I would be wary about using human meds on animals, Highlander, I just don't know enough about how they work on animals. I know you should not use paracetamol on animals, but there my knowledge ends. A bit of cross information would be very useful.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.