Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Coming Expropriation Of 10% Of Everyone's Accounts
6 January 2014, 21:48,
RE: The Coming Expropriation Of 10% Of Everyone's Accounts
It would not surprise me in the least if TPTB helped themselves to money out of my account AT All.
6 January 2014, 22:38,
I hear some folks of modest means are withdrawing lumps of their saving in £9,999 lumps and hiding it away, apparently that figure ( if I got the amount right) is just below the amount transferable or withdrawable without the banks notifying the state about large cash movements.

7 January 2014, 00:25,
(6 January 2014, 22:38)NorthernRaider Wrote: I hear some folks of modest means are withdrawing lumps of their saving in £9,999 lumps and hiding it away, apparently that figure ( if I got the amount right) is just below the amount transferable or withdrawable without the banks notifying the state about large cash movements.

And by doing that the value of their money will soon depreciate by more than 10% in real terms anyway through lack of growth!

Unless of course they invest it in something else, but then people with 10's of thousands of pounds would already have their money invested somewhere other than a bank account.
7 January 2014, 09:10,
They steal off me and I will steal off them quid pro quo.
7 January 2014, 10:01,
Inflation is eroding savings by about 2.5% whilst interest rates are averaging only .5 %, leaving your money in the bank is seeing it eroded away. Leaving it in the bank on zero or any interest rate lower than the current rate of inflation is just throwing money away.

RPI is 2.6 % at the last measure
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10612209

Unless your getting monthly interest rates higher than 2.6 you money is just wasting away.

7 January 2014, 10:39,
Yet we propose keeping cash under the bed at 0%.

I missed this thread before or I would have deleted it. I don't see this happening. Many people are just living now, 10% would kill them. Plus there are so many issues with this process that makes it impractical.

Of course the thieving bastards have considered it but imo it won't happen.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 January 2014, 12:06,
Yes we propose keeping it under the bed where it cannot be seized taxed or frozen,

SD scribed
"Of course the thieving bastards have considered it but imo it won't happen."

Erm that's what the Cypriots said two years ago and its what millions of British idiots said Gordon Brown would not dare do right before he raided their private pensions, and it is exactly what some in the EU are currently proposing.!!!

If they can find it they will tax it or take it.

If Labour the " party of the workers" can double council tax in under 10 years and imprison the pensioners who could no longer afford it you can be sure the conservatives will have no qualms about doing something similar, and the bloody liberals WOULD do it.

7 January 2014, 14:03,
NR,

There is a difference in going into people pension, which they cannot touch yet, and stealing 10%. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that again. However going into someones bank and taking 10% means that many won't be able to pay the bills.

They will stick with what works, the pension theft didn't even make the papers really plus just putting prices up and creating more cash. All tried tested and nobody really fusses. They will the first time they take 10% and 50% of the population can't make their mortgage or council bills.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 January 2014, 18:48,
Quote:NR, ...However going into someones bank and taking 10% means that many won't be able to pay the bills...

... They will the first time they take 10% and 50% of the population can't make their mortgage or council bills.

SD, what makes you think that the banksters and TPTB give a rat's fanny whether 50% (or any percent) of the population can pay their bills?
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
7 January 2014, 19:20,
I don't think they care as such but they don't want to be the clear culprits for a theft of this magnitude.

Just my view.
Skean Dhude