Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaguar 175lb Crossbow review
5 January 2014, 13:50,
RE: Jaguar 175lb Crossbow review
Sorry mate maybe I should have mentioned that in our conversationsAngel
does that mean you still have the stock and trigger assembly?
5 January 2014, 13:57, (This post was last modified: 5 January 2014, 14:09 by bigpaul.)
yep, got the whole thing apart from the prod, never had chance to even test it out, tried to straighten the string-it wasn't fitted properly and the prob just snapped straight away!!

it is NOT a Jaguar (its a ManKung) and I don't know what the poundage is-its not marked.

maybe I should just throw it away if BM can get a Jaguar for £60 odd???
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 January 2014, 20:20,
Good job it wasn't a survival situation then....
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
5 January 2014, 20:36,
I have this same bow,.. and I also found the problem with the accuracy after a while, and noticed the bends in the bolts,.. funny enough I have been trying to compensate rather than even thinking about any other bolts,... so thanks for the tip on the 20" bolts,..I think I will buy some,... other than that I am happy with it too
A major part of survival is invisibility.
5 January 2014, 21:20,
(5 January 2014, 12:22)Barneyboy Wrote: the prob is with these yanks ,it takes skill to hunt with airguns and bows and cross bows ,anyone can make a kill with a 7.62

And how many have you killed this year using anything?

Sorry Barney Boy but 18,000,000 people in the U.S. hunt with bows and 5,500,000 of them hunt with crossbows.

By that measure we have 1/3 the population of GB hunting with bows. We might have more people hunting with crossbows than all the people in GB that have hunting licenses totaled, I can not find the figures for GB licenses.

I hunt with a re-curve and a longbow as well as the Jaguar 175 that is being discussed.

Fact is, most shots are well inside crossbow range no matter if the hunter is using a spit-wad or a 7.62.
5 January 2014, 21:51,
well stop mocking the boys on here about crossbows then .in the uk that is it for most of us ,we don't have access to fire arms,as for how many deer I take with my crossbow ,well that would be against the law here so none at all officerDodgy
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
6 January 2014, 00:26,
I take no credit for your legal system being what it is. I make no judgments on what you have created or endure.

But it does focus attention on one point.

All the information accumulated through all these pages of posts is simply academic rambling, mathematics and speculation.

Perhaps Highlander could hang up one of those carcasses he feeds the dogs, possibly killed with one of those snobbish firearms you folks do not have, and lob some bolts in their direction to give you some indication of real world penetration on British deer at various ranges.
6 January 2014, 01:54,
Better bolts will make a lot of difference to your accuracy I bought these off Ebay Highlander and they work well, and so far have stood up to being shot at close range into dense foam.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-X-HEAVY-DUT...35cda2ba60
6 January 2014, 09:38,
if you don't like reading the uk sites my friend then you can always stop . find one in the usa that is not so boring for you ,if all people are aloud in a country is sharp pointy sticks, then there will be people discussing how to do it the best way, make good as best you can adapt and survive
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
6 January 2014, 10:05, (This post was last modified: 6 January 2014, 10:12 by Highlander.)
(6 January 2014, 01:54)Tartar Horde Wrote: Better bolts will make a lot of difference to your accuracy I bought these off Ebay Highlander and they work well, and so far have stood up to being shot at close range into dense foam.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-X-HEAVY-DUT...35cda2ba60

Thanks TH,.. I am buying these today,.. I did go onto their site yesterday after reading your post to buy, but there were closed until today

sorry wrong site, I went on `Blades and Bows ltd` yesterday,.. but they are the same bolts

TH,..... thanks again for your link,.. the ones I was looking at yesterday are a pack of six,.. so similar priced, but the ones in my link are 9mm and the ones in your link are 8mm,... would there be a lot of difference?... if so which would be best?

I take it that the thicker bolt would have a heavier hit, but fall off would start at a shorter distance

http://www.bladesandbows.co.uk/20-alumin...6133-p.asp
A major part of survival is invisibility.