Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The thin veil of "civilised" society
9 January 2014, 09:17,
RE: The thin veil of "civilised" society
I think your all getting confused with past history, don't get fixed ideas about the "blitz spirit" of WW2, we are in a totally new ball game, people are a lot more beligerant than they were in previous generations with violence not far under the surface. places like the far south west get ignored by TPTB NOW never mind after TSHTF, some politicians think the country ends at Bristol, and the only time Dave Cameron comes down here is for his holidays and even that is a token gesture/photo opportunity! given a catastrophic event TPTB will be hard pressed to control London-7 million and Birmingham(often referred to as the "second" city) 1 million. we now have a more diverse population which I believe would quickly revert to tribal violence, I believe place like the south west and north east would very quickly find their out on a limb and on their own.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 January 2014, 10:25,
don't forget than any reduction in population numbers("die-off") will be mirrored in the number of troops and police also, they are not immune to what is going on around them.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 January 2014, 13:56,
As usual the discussion is stretched in all different directions to suit totally different possible scenarios!! Keeping Law and order over a large population is not the same as the possible threat from a military force to oneself or local area. During SHTF is very different to PSHTF. A die off from one event can affect the population in ratio to the military very differently from a general die off from an alternative event.
What is the point in any discussion of subjects like this if no clear scenario definitions are given. As said before, posters end up arguing on line from different angles when in fact for the scenario in their own heads, their response is quite reasonable. In reality the scenarios in their heads are completely different!
This does not further any learning from the forum and is a waste of readers time and is misleading for less informed preppers. I do believe it is one of the reasons why some intelligent preppers retreat from the forums after a while, while others continue to trot the same stuff out over and over again.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
9 January 2014, 14:50, (This post was last modified: 9 January 2014, 15:15 by bigpaul.)
TongueTongueTongueBig Grin

you can forget about ANYTHING that went before, when this thing hits it(whatever IT is) will be worse than your worst nightmare. because this country in particular and western civilisation in general has become so reliant on the nanny nation and the welfare state it will be felt more harshly than anything since WW2 and the effects will be felt more deeply and wide ranging.
9 January 2014, 17:31,
BP is right. This would be a completely new situation. At the moment plod travel frpm their homes to a riot area to bolster the numbers. That won't happen. Can you see Plod in Liverpool leaving family to travel to Tottenham to uphold a very flakey situation. Especially when that situation is going to be happening in Toxteth at the same time with Plods cousins and his son or daughters family members.

Same with soldiers, do you see a soldier going into a bunker and leaving his family outside. TPTB won't have room or supplies for the families of their servants.

It is OK when the situation is as it is now but will quickly fall apart when an event happens. The sad part is TPTB don't see that and when they are locked away with a few 100 armed soldiers who know their families are dying then we may get the revolution we could do with now.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 January 2014, 18:59,
Charles, I took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic. That oath didn't expire upon separation from the service. I look at it this way - if it comes down to a shootin' war, any "bad guys" that I can take out is just less for my kids and grandkids to deal with. I'm 70 years old and have had a wonderful life. Death doesn't particularly scare me. Then again, some things are worth dying for. Too bad you don't feel that way.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
9 January 2014, 19:00,
Definitely have to agree that society and manners isn't all that strong, only as strong as the people in it. Not all people even now want to adhere to the rules of society, for example, a few months ago, I saw a man beating up another man in the middle of the street, about 30 people all watching it like it was on tv, I said I was going to call the police, before I even got the phone out, boom, everyone had scattered.

Not to mention the online community, when guys on sites who like to go on about controversial (like beating women, LGBT people) things, when they feel SHTF they will see it as chance to have a lot of "fun", I mean in FEMA camps at Katrina you had women being gangraped.
Positively Pessimistic
10 January 2014, 18:26,
Today there are fewer Americans who desire a free republic governed by a free people than there are those who think the government should give them free stuff. There are fewer who believe in free exchange and free enterprise. The dependent welfare class would demonize successful people in order to justify taking from them. The adults in the room are outnumbered, because we have abdicated control of our culture - starting in the 1960s, by allowing the government to undermine the institutions that instill good character - marriage, the family, communities, schools, our churches. Two generations later - we reap what we have sown.

America has become a nation of adolescents. Our society has lost its maturity, self-reliance, sense of responsibility and the understanding that liberty must be accompanied by self-restraint. Our Dear Leader Obama himself is a spoiled child. The behavior and language of his followers make clear many of them are also, preoccupation with sex, accompanied by drug use, foul language, bad manners, lies, cheating, name-calling, blaming and irresponsible spending are rampant. This does not bode well for our society. The warnings are all there, whether it is the looming economic disaster, or the inability of the government to respond to crises and the growing strength and brazenness of our enemies. It is unpleasant to think about “Commander Zero” at the helm when those circumstances arrive. History makes it quite clear that societies with a large dependent class, without intact families quickly descend into anarchy. What we observed with Benghazi was professional malpractice and fraud. They need to go.

America is more polarized than ever - a crippled, hemorrhaging, debt-laden, weakened and dependent America that I want no part of and resent being foisted on me. I no longer have any patience for stupidity, denial of reality, or vulgarity. But before the people truly wake up it's possible that America just has to hit rock bottom. The warning signs of our fiscal profligacy and culture of lack of personal responsibility are too many to mention. We need only look at other countries which have gone the same route we are walking now to see what is in store.

The enemy of our souls comes to divide and conquer. As I get older, the more I believe that we are fighting a war on Earth between Good vs. Evil…. What I am seeing now is incredible and would not of been spoken of decades ago. I see people who are really scared and others who are just plain mean, evil to others. People do not trust their government anymore. The in-your-face symbolism is incredible. Take for instance, Time Warner Cable's symbol; the evil eye of Horus and from the winged Owl God, out of Egyptian lore, the eye of Satan who sees ALL.

Look at the symbols of the Democrat and the Republican parties. Why are the stars turned upside down to form a Pentagram, a symbol used by all Occults, including the o9a, Temple of set, OTO, Church of Satan, Joy of Satan, and "The Process church of the Final Judgement." This last had direct ties to David Berkowitz, the Arliss Perry murder, and many members of their own Prosessarians. That church is still active and is now known as "The Best Friends Society." Look at their website: http://bestfriends.org/The-Sanctuary/Sanctuary-Map/ which is involved in trying to speed up the end of the world. They were behind the "Son of Sam" Murders. Listen to how David Berkowitz describes them:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JepFcuZVuo

Do not take my word for it. Study the Occult. I learned in working with law enforcement that they are dangerous. Look to Hitler’s Germany as an example. Vengeance is God's but justice is ours to administer. Be brave. Kill a few evil ones, if necessary with your bare hands, before you die. Now go out there and step on the serpent's head.....

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
10 January 2014, 18:56,
Naw, my feet are sore. Besides, here in Texas we just shoot snakes...
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
10 January 2014, 20:10,
You speak sense Charles, apart from the God and Occult bits.