Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The thin veil of "civilised" society
10 January 2014, 22:21,
RE: The thin veil of "civilised" society
(9 January 2014, 19:00)Kiril Wrote: Definitely have to agree that society and manners isn't all that strong, only as strong as the people in it. Not all people even now want to adhere to the rules of society, for example, a few months ago, I saw a man beating up another man in the middle of the street, about 30 people all watching it like it was on tv, I said I was going to call the police, before I even got the phone out, boom, everyone had scattered.

Not to mention the online community, when guys on sites who like to go on about controversial (like beating women, LGBT people) things, when they feel SHTF they will see it as chance to have a lot of "fun", I mean in FEMA camps at Katrina you had women being gangraped.
"The spring that makes the social machinery tick is the recognition, if one agrees to respect the life, liberty and property of others, they can be induced to reciprocrate." quote from the Closing of the American Mind by Allan Bloom 1987.

what we have now is a situation whereas there are many who have no respect for anything or anyone. The good citizens see this and start to simmer. The longer this situation goes on, the closer good citizens get to the boiling point.
11 January 2014, 10:06,
RE: The thin veil of "civilised" society
we have it now with the Mark Duggan inquest, I don't think too many people are bothered about what happened to a known thug and gang member, but you have the scum element trying to rabble rouse and get another riot going, hopefully the police are better prepared this time.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.