Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Survival summit
7 January 2014, 15:12, (This post was last modified: 7 January 2014, 15:41 by bigpaul.)
The Survival summit
I've just found this on one of the youtube channels I subscribe to( southernprepper1), okay its American and some of it may not be relevant to the UK, but I'll put the link and you can make up your own minds about it. its online 20-26 January 2014. http://thesurvivalsummit.com

I've just looked at the "schedule" page, looks very interesting.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 January 2014, 16:15,
RE: The Survival summit
BP, I'm going to post this on the main site for those that don't read the forums.

It may have a heavily US bias but there are bound to be things that are of benefit to us.

I've registered already.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 January 2014, 16:18,
Thanks SD, I'm expecting a American bias as its an American site but looking at the schedule there are lots of things on there which are universal, like masking cooking smells from raiders post SHTF-stuff like that.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 January 2014, 17:07,
Note though for those reading this that it is only free when streamed online during that week so plan ahead. After that it will blown to DVD and sold on line.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 January 2014, 18:06,
I am sure the security and defense sections will be useless to you but the food storage and prep and the gardening sections should be of some use.

Also be aware that the instructors in this summit are mostly using bogus names. This insures that there is absolutely no way one can check their credentials or verify their experience or knowledge, and this is one area where you want more than just agreement with your philosophy.

Just because you agree with them does not mean your potatoes will grow or your chickens will lay eggs.

We just recently had one of our leading survival and security experts put in prison for farad, making bogus claims on his military record and claiming decorations he did not earn. He is also looking at 10 years for illegal possession of firearms.

The man was an exconvict, had never served in the military and had never seen combat. His wildly popular You tube following and his well attended security school was all a huge con game.

Proceed with caution.
8 January 2014, 22:36,
mine fut *
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
9 January 2014, 02:08,
Him and his mate are the practical preppers referred to on the doomsday prepper show
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles
9 January 2014, 16:04,
IS that matey who won a huge contract, hired people and actually got out in the field before they realised he was a barman and not a soldier.

Claimed he shot Osama and some other dodgy claims.

What do you call it over there? Stolen Valour?