Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap meal for two filling and delicious
13 January 2014, 09:11, (This post was last modified: 13 January 2014, 09:12 by TOF.)
RE: Cheap meal for two filling and delicious
Cottage pie:
Home canned mince, dehydrated onion, stock cube and flour(to thicken) Topped with Instant mash, served with Home canned Carrots.
Soak onions 20mins in hot water. Make up instant mash per instructions. Bring mince to a boil, add stock cube and onion, cook until onion is soft. Thicken. Pour into dish top with potato cook in oven or dutch oven till nice and crispy

Or Salmon Fishcakes:
Small 200G tin Salmon, cup instant mash, tsp dried parsley, salt, pepper, pinch Cayenne pepper, I egg equivalent of dried egg powder.
Mix dried egg as per instructions. Do the same with potato. Break up Salmon into pieces add all other ingredients and mix well, try not to break up Salmon too much. Dust in flour and roll in breadcrumbs, crumbled Weetabix or crushed Cream Crackers. Fry til golden brown and crispy.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
14 January 2014, 17:43,
Both of those sound great TOF all are going in my book along with all the others
14 January 2014, 18:49,
Technically I've produced tonights tea for free, yesterday I knocked one of the young cockerels on the head, chopped him up and browned the quarters, fried one of our red onions and a couple of the leeks, got eight frozen tomatoes out the freezer and bunged them in, a whole bulb of our garlic and a generous pinch of our chilli powder "mega hot", threw in some of the carrots and king eddy spuds that I pulled out Rhe weekend, it's now in the rayburn and smelling pretty good.
Technically these are preps, but you could argue I had to feed the cockerel so he wasn't free.
Just decided I'll make some garlic bread to mop up, the butter isn't ours though.
14 January 2014, 20:05,
What a useful thread, I hope it runs and runs.
14 January 2014, 21:20,
well MT I am eating that bugger now in my head , true man food.......little kevin can watch his step! (My cockerel ) seeing him through differient eyes
14 January 2014, 21:34,
Well we've just had it " the food that is" and it really was spot on, Mrs MT described it as phenomenal! Better not hang around on here too long, might cash a few browny points in.Wink