Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Shoot me now" preppers
25 December 2011, 20:03,
"Shoot me now" preppers
Has anyone else noticed the alarming trend spreading through parts of the survivalist and prepper community that I call the " Shoot me now" preppers. Very wise and inteligent people but normally young men, some clearly with a degree of military training under their belts but equally many with no training, are buying and equipping themselves with the latest must have Gucci kit which is more suited to close protection and contractor work than prepping.

These highly motivated folks post images of them regailed in their tactical gear with their Eagle Industries rucksacks, 5:11 clothing, Oakley shades, Danner boots, Tan coloured baseball cap, M4 clone carbine, Tactical gloves, Knee and Elbow pads, and often topped with a samuri sword or hatchet, coil of rope and big bloody nitrite coated rambo knife.

The kit selection is fine, but where the plans goes all to hell in my mind is 99% of these folks say " As soon as TSHTf I'll get my kit on and work my way out of the city / town to my place of safety" fighting off Zombie, Hells angels, Rioters, Refugees, Armed Cops and Troops along the way.

C'mon folks puleeease look at these folks, they are just bloody great big walking targets saying " Hey look at me I'm cool, I'm armed and I've got shit loads of expensive kit" YES they frequently have a tactical carbine or similar weapon system to protect themselves with, but for heavens sake most of em will die (specially in the US) when some teen with a 22 cal plinking gun puts a 22 round into his head as he goes down the street looking like he is protecting Sheik Rattle N Roll in Bagdad.

Yes we do need to be as well equipped and ready as possible, but our chances of survival, especially if we are being forced to walk out of a big city on foot is to NOT attract attention to ourselves. We are NOT looking for a fight, We are NOT expert warriors, and a kid in the nearby copuncil flats we are walking past could just as easily shoot us with a 22, drop a lump of concrete on our heads or put a bolt or arrow into us because we look like we have stuff worth taking.

It does not matter one iota if you have the latest version of the Colt M416 with H & K updates, forward grips, lazers, flashlights and tactical sling.The kid of thug in the shadows with the half brick, illegal sawn off, or dodgy reactivated pistol has the upper hand he is still, in the shadows waiting for you to come into his killzone. if you lookd just like another scared sheeple with nowt to offer he is less likely to take you on. We must loose the Rambo attitude and adopt the quiet professional prepper attitude of not making ourselves inviting targets cos of being vain.

25 December 2011, 21:45,
RE: "Shoot me now" preppers
Exactly NR, just goes to show the "grey man opsec wallah" philosophy is the right way to go...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
25 December 2011, 22:46,
Me a prepper? as if...
25 December 2011, 23:20,
" A wot!!!! you make me sound like a boy scout mate, naaa dunno wot a prepper is i'm just trying to get back to me flat"

25 December 2011, 23:51,
Dr pepper ? na not got one of dem innit....