Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
House buying for preppers
27 December 2011, 18:14,
RE: House buying for preppers
i could buy a 2bed semi detached ex council house in a small village about 8 miles from here for £115k (was 125k but they reduced it recently), but if i really had the money to buy i'd want something detached with " no near neighbours"! (i've had it with neighbours!).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 December 2011, 18:17,
(27 December 2011, 18:14)bigpaul Wrote: i could buy a 2bed semi detached ex council house in a small village about 8 miles from here for £115k (was 125k but they reduced it recently), but if i really had the money to buy i'd want something detached with " no near neighbours"! (i've had it with neighbours!).

My house is on a little estate on the edge of a village you can buy 3 and 4 bedroom detached houses on here for £150K with garages and gardens

27 December 2011, 18:24, (This post was last modified: 27 December 2011, 18:25 by bigpaul.)
NorthernRaider )

My house is on a little estate on the edge of a village you can buy 3 and 4 bedroom detached houses on here for £150K with garages and gardens
[/quote Wrote:
i've also had it with estates! i've spent most of my life living on housing estates, if i had the money to buy i want: 2 or 3 bed Detached house/bungalow/cottage with a quarter or half an acre of land, in "the middle of nowhere", down its own track or lane, with no neighbours(anywhere to be seen), my criterior would be: RURAL<REMOTE>ISOLATED!!!!Tongue
(27 December 2011, 18:24)bigpaul Wrote: [quote='NorthernRaider' )

i've also had it with estates! i've spent most of my life living on housing estates, if i had the money to buy i want: 2 or 3 bed Detached house/bungalow/cottage with a quarter or half an acre of land, in "the middle of nowhere", down its own track or lane, with no neighbours(anywhere to be seen), my criterior would be: RURAL<REMOTE>ISOLATED!!!!Tongue

Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 February 2012, 12:40,
we've just been working on a few calculations and have come to the conclusion, if we lived in a Caravan/Mobile home measuring 15ft wide X 40ft long we would have more floorspace than we currently have in our 2 bed modern semi detached house which is SUPPOSED to be big enough for 4 people to live in.
19 February 2012, 13:12, (This post was last modified: 19 February 2012, 13:17 by NorthernRaider.)
(19 February 2012, 12:40)bigpaul Wrote: we've just been working on a few calculations and have come to the conclusion, if we lived in a Caravan/Mobile home measuring 15ft wide X 40ft long we would have more floorspace than we currently have in our 2 bed modern semi detached house which is SUPPOSED to be big enough for 4 people to live in.

Your not the only people to look at winterised statics, only last month I helped our friends go round many all year sites up here looking at statics, Amazing prices as well , Beautifully fitted out 3 bedroom statics used from £20 K new from £30 K, Purposed built residential rather than holidays are popping up right across the north, some contain Log Cabin type holiday homes, others static caravans up to 16 ft wide and 40 plus feet long that are fully winterised and connected to the mains. We are considering giving up our house in 8 years to our son and moving into one for ourselves, but i want one with a plot big enough to keep chooks etc on.
Our friend chris met a lady who lives on an adults only site and there is a waiting list for plots, but here friend lives on a neighbouring site that is open 11 1/2 months a year ( helps avoid council tax apparently) and the two weeks when its shut everyone just goes on holiday or visits family. Damn cheap and pleasant way to get out of cities I reckon. Say £30K for a good quality static and £1600 a year for all fees cept gas, thats damn good going for families wanting to get out of town or blocks of flats and live some place green and pleasant.

19 February 2012, 13:22,
I'm looking at a big barn with one corner insulated for living in. Plenty of space for storage and a preppers dream.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 February 2012, 13:47,
(19 February 2012, 13:22)Skean Dhude Wrote: I'm looking at a big barn with one corner insulated for living in. Plenty of space for storage and a preppers dream.

Up here the gypos often put a static in one corner of a barn or dutch barn and surround it with hay bails so it cant be seen from the road or above, they live in them for years before getting caught , it ever caught at all.

19 February 2012, 14:08,
(19 February 2012, 13:47)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(19 February 2012, 13:22)Skean Dhude Wrote: I'm looking at a big barn with one corner insulated for living in. Plenty of space for storage and a preppers dream.

Up here the gypos often put a static in one corner of a barn or dutch barn and surround it with hay bails so it cant be seen from the road or above, they live in them for years before getting caught , it ever caught at all.

thats exactly what we were talking about the other day.
19 February 2012, 14:34,
Yep.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 February 2012, 23:48,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-KEYSTONE-...1e6a7ef781

I'd get this and live in a barn too then.