Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maintaining SUK computer communications in a grid-down world
9 February 2014, 19:13,
RE: Maintaining SUK computer communications in a grid-down world
Hi LS

Yes, just use the psk31 program on the mobile just as you would with a computer base programme. Best achievement so, far Lake District to North Wales on 2m with a small homebrew yagi attached to a Boafeng UV-5R attached to an iPhone
73 de
OSR

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government ~ Thomas Paine
10 February 2014, 08:13,
Cheers OSR

That's good going. 100kms at least I guess?

You say small yags were used. How many elements?

The PSK data was readable when voice was completely unintelligible, is that right?
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

10 February 2014, 10:09,
3 element homebrew yagi and yes PSK31 very effective when no voice communications were possible.
73 de
OSR

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government ~ Thomas Paine
10 February 2014, 14:50,
Hi OSR,

Can you post on here a plan and instructions of how to make that 3 ele Yagi? Prob best as a separate thread.

Is it one of those ones that uses PVC small bore drain pipe as a boom and into which the three elements can be stowed for transport?.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

10 February 2014, 15:32, (This post was last modified: 12 February 2014, 13:18 by OpSecRadio.)
Hi LS

Yes a short piece of 22mm conduit for the boom and 4mm aluminium tubing for the elements, all from B&Q, The elements store inside the tube for transport - it cost less than a tenner all in. I'll try to post some pictures and the measurements for you.

On another subject I got the results of my advanced exam today. Passed with distinction, - maybe we'll work each other on air some time Smile
73 de
OSR

10 February 2014, 16:07,
Congratulations Old Man!

That's a big achievement.

Well done.

The Yagi sounds like the one I use. I could be a useful and inexpensive range doubler for anyone using VHF.

Thanks
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

11 February 2014, 18:07,
Well done on passing your exam. Welcome to the club!

If at first you don't secede, try, try again!