Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum is grinding to a halt AGAIN
12 February 2014, 16:12,
Forum is grinding to a halt AGAIN
The forum is getting progressively slower as the day goes on, its getting harder and taking longer and longer to navigate around. And the sub forum for reporting issues under this one will not let me post.

12 February 2014, 16:18,
RE: Forum is grinding to a halt AGAIN
not only is it getting slower and slower, it went off on me about 5 minutes ago completely-"this page cannot be displayed" took me about 5 attempts before it came up again, what is going on??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 February 2014, 16:41,
Strange. I've been working on it with no issues. I am uploading a significant number of files in batches. I wonder if that is having an impact?

So far no timeouts when I am using it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 February 2014, 17:02,
Must be your cheapskate internet provider, there's no issues at TOF Towers (just so you know SD)

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
12 February 2014, 19:26,
earlier I had a "http://forum.survivaluk.net cannotbe found" but its ok now.
suggest that this was a DNS issue which is now been passed
12 February 2014, 20:21,
I've been on it most of the day today tweaking things with no issues. I've checked the logs and all resources are within the parameters so we have not been limited in any way.

I wonder if I should be looking at a new bit of forum software?
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 February 2014, 20:33,
The forum has now slowed to an absolute crawl, but its a mute point because every thread that gets even remotely interesting gets closed down. I'm sick of being treated like a child.

SD you are a good friend but you really have gone to far with the moderation.

This is supposed to be a FORUM not an ARCHIVE.
Definition of forum in English:
forum
noun (plural forums)
• 1a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged: we hope these pages act as a forum for debate
More example sentences
o With an inclusive membership it has provided a forum for the exchange of views on a broad range of issues.
o The senate, we are told, is a forum for reflective debate on key issues.
o The annual day was also used as a forum for parents to voice their views on the programme.
Synonyms
meeting, assembly, gathering, conference, seminar, convention, colloquy, convocation, congress, rally, council, symposium, conclave, congregation, synod, diet; in North American & New Zealand caucus
View synonyms
• 1.1an Internet site where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings; a message board.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Definition of archive in English:
Archive
noun
(usually archives)
• 1a collection of historical documents or records providing information about a place, institution, or group of people: [as modifier]: a section of archive film
More example sentences
o Many public libraries also have local history sections containing archives relating to local musical activities and famous musicians.
Synonyms
records, annals, chronicles, registers, accounts; papers, documents, rolls, dossiers, files, deeds, ledgers; history, information, evidence; documentation, paperwork
Synonyms
record office, registry, repository, museum, chancery
View synonyms
• 1.2a complete record of the data in part or all of a computer system, stored on an infrequently used medium.

12 February 2014, 21:02,
all good here SDSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
12 February 2014, 21:18,
NR

It is a forum. The issue is our opinion on what the topic is.

As I have said before it is about prepping for events. Not a news site for the current weather or a place to criticise other people choices, or lack of them. The posts you are talking about were about people in cities, a topic very much done to death and the current weather which by any definition is too late for us to prepare for.
Skean Dhude
12 February 2014, 21:28,
The website/forum is working fine here.

As for the quality of posts, that's all part of the fun of being human and interacting with other people.

Having said that, there seems to be a lack of support for our fellow preppers coming from certain places.

Since we all have the same desires, to learn to prep better, possibly even to build friendships and networks, can I please suggest acting as a united group. Because, WTSHTF, there will be MAJOR issues that MANY people will be dealing with. If we cannot get along and help one another in times of peace and plenty, then WTSHTF......there are going to be problems a plenty, and more!

A forum isn't about 'how to get people's backs up' so let's just work WITH each other to develop our preps.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin