RE: Protection Plan
If you need any advice let us know do my best to help SS
Failure is NOT an option
14 February 2014, 22:23,
THANKYOU PAL I WILL.
14 February 2014, 22:27,
SS do you belong to survivalist boards? They have some good files to download.
Failure is NOT an option
14 February 2014, 22:43,
No uks can you explane.....not gone down the shed....did not realize the time.....just hit the head off some bells instead!
14 February 2014, 22:46,
It's a us prepping site you have to join to get access to the files just this site. There is a lot of mil manuals plus others that would help you.
Failure is NOT an option
14 February 2014, 22:53,
Looks to me like SS is going to do a South Wales Meet! I'd be up for that mate.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
14 February 2014, 22:54, (This post was last modified: 14 February 2014, 23:23 by Straight Shooter.)
Great! Can you pm me with link......Beardyman can you pm me also need some gear but my pm to you will not go through ....thanks

As it happens S been having some ideas for a while now, but what I would want is some workshops ....from keeping animals,bushcraft, herbal recconition and receipies / uses/doses and Defence tactics over two days......also a road show for all parts of the UK the problem ....as I see things members either find it hard to reach the venues or lack of funds .....although members that do attend enjoy it ......the trick is once you come to a well prepared well thought out event ALL will want to comet back for the next one ......that's the event I would want to be involved with....and will come up with the goods in time.........if this fucking tablet changes come to comet one more time I am going to crush the bastard in a vice.
14 February 2014, 23:48,
http://www.survivalistboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32
Failure is NOT an option
15 February 2014, 06:42,
SS I don't know if this is relevant to your situation, but last summer we fitted several roof windows to give us access to high levels of the roof for chimney maintenance, and at the same tome provide Observation Posts at highest elevation.

We used products like these. http://www.sterlingbuild.co.uk/product/f...tAodEAIA7Q
They are dead easy to fit and can be set up to hinge on top or side. The ones we fitted are positioned just below the chimneys and are wide enough to take my telescopic alu ladders, so for chimney maintenance we now have reasonably safe access.

An unexpected side benefit of the skylights is that they are so high up that the local deer population are not aware of us when we are up there and regularly approach to within 45ft range. In summer the extra height lets us see them in the vegetation that normally conceals them from sight at ground level. If roof/ chimney access is not needed OPs can be improvised by simply sliding out tiles from the inside of the loft.

UKS and Midnight make good points about clearing fields of fire, but bear in mind your own fire-power. Clearing back too far beyond what your weapons can reach will hand advantage to anyone who's kit can out-reach yours. Also remember that you may need some cover to allow you to move around your property without being seen from afar.

Your idea to take out cover with the chainsaw only after collapse is sound. We have the same plan, as we want to fell trees across the disused lane beyond our house in order to completely block it off, in particular to prevent access by motor vehicles.... If we do this too soon, all that will happen is that opportunists will be attracted to the lane to strip down the felled trees for firewood....that of course would be counter productive on several levels.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

15 February 2014, 07:49,
Difficult to plan a defense if one is not trained in HOW to plan.

There are rules for these things. Follow them and you might survive, ignore them and you are guaranteed failure/death.

There is no second place winner.

Observation; See them before they see you. Have observation posts and listening posts WAAAAY out there, (But keep them close enough so you can hear them scream when the enemy cuts their throats). Run patrols to find out what is in your area. Information is power.

Cover and Concealment; Cover is protection from fire, concealment is not. Have both available and well positioned for yourself and deny it to the enemy. Your people will not operate aggressively without proper cover to shoot from or retreat too and operating against an unseen enemy is terrifying for green troops.

Obsticles: Know the obstacles in your area, how they will help you or hinder you. Create obstacles to channelize the enemy into your killing zones

Key Tarrain; Control the high ground, water sources, river crossings, observation points over your own position. (sometimes you do not have a choice in this matter, but remember to consider it as a shortcoming of your position and work around it.)

Avenues of Approach; Have fire from the proper weapons trained on specific avenues of approach. Anti-vehicle weapons for the roads, anti-personnel weapons for foot access. Use your obstacles to channel the enemy toward your most efficient weapons or concentrate their numbers into a mass for easy elimination.

It does not mater if you have 5 people or 50, the rules do not change. Study your position like you were the enemy. Walk the perimeter from the outside and find the easy points and hard points. Then study it as a defender.

If you see a weak point the enemy will too. If you see strength so will the enemy.

Barbed wire is your friend. Even though you might mot be able to buy it you should know where to get it SHTF. That empty factory or prison may not need it on top of their fence any more.