Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Protection Plan
15 February 2014, 14:30, (This post was last modified: 15 February 2014, 14:32 by Straight Shooter.)
RE: Protection Plan
After looking at all these posts and the opinions of members whom I value , I have reached a point and landed with a big thud flat on my face. When we all start off prepping we all do simular things. ...food, fire starters, water tablets,water filters , meds, boots, good knife, axe , bows arrows, paracord,.....progessing to BOV , BOL, fuel, dried food long term storage, mylar bags and oxy absorbers, hens, seeds, more food , on and on, its all enpowering stuff in the knowledge you are DOING something of worth and taking care of your family and yourself ,this also gives you a sense of security , and you can look down on the sheeple.....we can SEE things they cannot ........then you get the likes of me TELLING YOU I am ready ....and I put up a thread like this....then I get posts back From millitary types.... then I hit earth in a dramatic thud and realize for all my little jokes and jolly remarks my total lack of understanding to my security and the people in my charge after reading a short pm from UKS I was astounded and shell shocked ,, MBs post had a simular effect. .....you can have the best prepps in the world......what good are they if you cannot defend and protect them ....I will never been as prepared as any of our millitary member s THEY HAVE BEEN TRAINED . Just imagine wtshtf a gang of ex mil. uks and mb. My eight against them two ss is going to loose food ,house, everything .so can I suggest that all you millitary types talk us though this senario ...start here, you have ended up out in the country

Sorry folks tablet and fingers please wait for me to finish
15 February 2014, 14:48,
its all very well SS for the military types to go on and on and on, but we are not talking about a war but skirmishes, ok if we end up fighting military types who have got all the latest weaponry and stuff then the game is probably up, none of us would win in that scenario, but I respectfully suggest unless we are in a big city which has a military base or bases in it we are far more likely to be facing the local Yoof or hard case and that will be more winable, brains always did beat brawn in any fight I have been in.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 February 2014, 14:53, (This post was last modified: 15 February 2014, 15:01 by Straight Shooter.)
The choice of being out in the country was one you made, as you move around looking for food and supplies ,you happen upon my place , you see the chimney smoking away, you see four adult men going about cutting logs and tending some gardens a woman in the poly tunnel kids doing some chores , looks like there,s food you spot some hens you notice the men hold crossbows.....there are three in your group. ALL MILLITARY. take it away MB for the US ...and UKS for the UK and anyone else My Rule is only this ....you must have a millitary background and been trained to a millitary standard , let it rip chaps give us the reasons for your thought process and decisions .....listen up folks and learn how the pros do it.

Just want to plan for the worst BP how better than a soldiers perspective , whilst I agree it will be mostly sheeple and chaves ......but they will be ex mill gangs I have no doubts
15 February 2014, 15:07, (This post was last modified: 15 February 2014, 15:26 by bigpaul.)
yes I agree SS would be informative to hear the military types perspective. although personally I don't think that is the definitive answer by any means.

let me put my thinking SS and see if it reassures you, you are rural same as me, now most people in Devon have never heard of the place where I live, yeah sure locals within 13 mile radius know where this is, but anywhere outside of that would say "where"?? when told of the place name. now I think the biggest camp anywhere near is Norton Manor camp at Taunton, that's is 50 miles from here, why would squaddies come here? probably to a place they have never heard of?(most are not local), they are more likely to try their luck in Taunton itself and villages near there. I am more concerned about the local teenagers and chav's than I am about being found by military types, don't say it wont happen but its pretty low on probabilities. still like to hear the reasoning of ex military types though, I'm sure they may put it differently.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 February 2014, 16:21,
Bad planning and duff advice will get people killed. How many harden combat troops will be released when they come back from tours of duties in the coming months hundreds if not thousands with all the cuts.

We are not saying current serving troops would come and attack you to take what you have because they will have a job to do. There is nothing like experience, reading fiction war books will never ever prepare you for a fire fight or skirmish which is most of these encounters would be. Training kicks in most civilians would freeze in front of train troops be it current or ex serving. Even with basic bows crossbows etc

Learning from real experience, practising day in day out to clear a house from top to bottom from entry to exit in a couple of minutes going safely and effectively. Training with live explosives live rounds, patrol, setting parimeter security, defensive positions, hand to hand combat.
Failure is NOT an option
15 February 2014, 18:10,
it was always reckoned that in a SHTF event most troops would head back home and look after their own family's, that's what any normal person would do, that's just not my belief but the belief of many more experienced people than me and some of them are ex military too! all this talk of gangs roaming the countryside-even ex military- is either just yanks winding us up with tales of Mad Max or pure fiction. yes, maybe street gangs in the cities but across the british countryside?? most people will stay pretty close to where they live, now the ones I'd be worried out are not ex military but eastern Europeans, some of those Romanians know how to live off the country on next to nothing, that's the ones we have got to watch out for, not the A team !!!
15 February 2014, 19:05,
Yes BP I would go along with you on the new wave of people now coming in to the county and have the ability to survive on next to bugger all......All I wanted to know was ...from a soldiers view and training how he would plan to take what I have,and the way in which he would carry out that task....that would allow us to see how they work and what plan if any, we could use to counter although MB gives great info and insight ..... I do not see gangs of A teams either .....I do see gangs of sheeple and chaves and scumbags .....how? Would our soldier types react to that? In their cottage in the country? Who knows.....does anyone care.?
15 February 2014, 19:10,
But would the Romanians stay here, or head back home to their own families???
15 February 2014, 19:14,
I don't know SS, I haven't yet heard anything constructive from our ex squaddies just a load of flannel about how better they are but nothing constructive about how to avoid the threat-if said threat was ever a reality. Devonian: don't know, they may head back to their own country, there seems to be a lot of single men but not many families-some, but not many- so maybe as things got worse they'd bugger off back where they came from.
15 February 2014, 19:18,
Thing is this ...there may well be no answer that fits it may be I am asking something that cannot be answered that easy ....should this be the case ignore the thread and move on .....I am not being funny here or showing lack of respect to anyone.....when I see big holes in ......my ....very loose plan....all I want to do is put that right as I can get it...IS ALL