Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modified wing nuts great arrow heads
14 February 2014, 18:52,
Modified wing nuts great arrow heads
Just started working on modifying wing nuts as arrow heads. A bit of grinding and filing I think I should be able to produce some decent arrow heads.
Failure is NOT an option
14 February 2014, 19:29,
RE: Modified wing nuts great arrow heads
Interesting.I'm guessing these will be blunts for small game (post shtf of course)Angel
14 February 2014, 19:42,
Talon
I'm working on cross bolts first. Like I say with a bit of grind, filing and sharpening I intend to screw them between the shaft and head.
Failure is NOT an option
14 February 2014, 19:51,
post some pics please when done
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
14 February 2014, 20:46,
Nice idea, would like to see how well it works.

For something easier and less work, use metal pipe - copper or steel, does no really matter. Cut a piece from the pipe at 45 degrees then flatten it out. Light sharpen and mount in the arrow.
14 February 2014, 21:41,
(14 February 2014, 20:46)BDG Wrote: Nice idea, would like to see how well it works.

For something easier and less work, use metal pipe - copper or steel, does no really matter. Cut a piece from the pipe at 45 degrees then flatten it out. Light sharpen and mount in the arrow.

Or use old teaspoons:

http://hikinghq.net/forum/showthread.php...9cc5519568
14 February 2014, 22:03,
Like it Devonian brake out the best silver cutlery
Failure is NOT an option
14 February 2014, 22:14,
Ah right I get the idea.I'm not sure about the effectiveness of turning a wingnut into a broadhead (I do wonder about trying to get a good effective cutting angle on one,not to mention a wingnut could be rather soft),but I admire the ingenuity of the idea Wink
15 February 2014, 11:43, (This post was last modified: 15 February 2014, 11:48 by Tartar Horde.)
The idea is sound in principle, and could make a capable small game point. The "Adder" small game point made by Bateman uses the same principle, and fits behind the arrow point. The Archery company in UK used to stock them and they are cheap and effective. Keep us posted Talon.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/image...qotZ5e2KGg

My apologies
UKS keep us postedSmile
15 February 2014, 16:35,
(14 February 2014, 22:03)uks Wrote: Like it Devonian brake out the best silver cutlery

Packs of 6 stainless steel teaspoons can be bought from the likes of Wilkinsons and ASDA for less than a pound!!

Very cheap and effective broadheads Wink