Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expensive error damages arrows
19 February 2014, 12:02,
Expensive error damages arrows
A friend of mine got into archery the same time as me about 3 or 4 years ago. Hes sort of an occasional preppers or a gear freak.
Anyhoo the daft bugger just spent two years working in Brussels, comes home and checks out his archery gear. he had stored his arrows in boxes HORIZONALLY in a warm cupboard so they were all laying onto of each other, this has led to many of his arrows fletches to become distorted or bent and even though he has salvaged many by warming them up in warm water or using a hair drier, many of them still have lop sided or distorted fletchings.

I have no idea if he can fully restore them but I think the lesson is STORE YOUR ARROWS vertically, doncha think.

19 February 2014, 12:08,
RE: Expensive error damages arrows
probably have to replace all the fletchings I expect.i'd be more concerned about the shafts themselves.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 February 2014, 12:13,
You can re-vitalise tired fletchings by holding them over the spout of a boiling kettle, and steam them back into shape, it works quite well and I use it on a regular basis. If they are beyond help the only remedy is to replace the fletchings. Buy or make an Arrow case this will keep your arrows in top condition.
19 February 2014, 20:35,
I've often used steam to remove dents from wood but I never thought to try it on tired fletchings.Good tip