Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prep for distant kids at college
21 February 2014, 11:45,
Prep for distant kids at college
Has anyone else any experience in preps they made for their kids being away at college or Uni?, When NR junior did his summer camps over the last few years he was only around 2 hours away from home and thanks to the organisations privacy system I had no trouble in hiding some GH essentials and EDC kit in his luggage.

BUT what about when the little buggers are away for months staying on campus or rented dig in some festering slum of a diverse, inclusive, multi cultural crime infested city?

Has anyone else pioneered any useful tips or projects to help our brats survive not only TSHTF but also the day to day risks they face?

21 February 2014, 13:18, (This post was last modified: 21 February 2014, 13:21 by Midnitemo.)
RE: Prep for distant kids at college
I'm hoping my two soon to be uni students will stay fairly close to home , son maybe Bristol or Cardiff(mum lives in south Gloucestershire) and daughter's first choice is the John Moores university campus at Leahurst for her vet training(less than 5 miles away) so here's hoping it pans out that way.

I will add I'm very keen for them to be indepently mobile(scooter/motorcycle or car) as I don't want them stuck at the mercy of public transport should something kick off.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
21 February 2014, 16:41,
Maybe a sat phone for when the mobile & land line networks go down (if radio network no good for certain reasons) - If you can find one at a decent price - although they hold their money well, so quite a good investment.
22 February 2014, 22:15,
Don't worry about getting them home, the University experience will probably destroy them anyway.