Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The True Nature of Survival.
22 February 2014, 10:49,
The True Nature of Survival.
another item from the excellent Selco, about the "false" dawn just before actual SHTF http://shtfschool.com/security/true-nature-of-survival/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 February 2014, 11:14,
RE: The True Nature of Survival.
Its a very good article, people often watch an event unfolding around them and watch with a " detached" view as though its just a TV show that wont affect them. Many people along the Thames valley hit by floods are quoted as saying they saw the floods hitting their neighbouring town and villages but ""Thought it would not happen to them"", In a similar vein the riots that spread through many London boroughs from Tottenham saw people taking a similar detached view unti the shops near their homes got looted or went up in flames ( Ah the joys and benefits of diversity so enhance our bleak lives).

Similar detached vision reports are currently coming out of southern California which is now in its worst drought ever, part of the utterly essential central valley look more like apocalyptic desserts one fruit producer was interviewed in RT yesterday and he said many state officials and other farmers are in complete denial, unless their is huge rainfall soon there will be NO water AT ALL available for irrigation next season.

22 February 2014, 12:49,
this is when people really are sheep...they go along with the crowd waiting for somebody else in the group to act first and change the dynamics.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
22 February 2014, 13:19,
Do you shout fire in a crowded cinema or do you get out as soon as you smell burning ?

22 February 2014, 14:52,
NR this scenario happened to me many years ago....i was on a plane taxying for take off when all the lights/power went off....everybody sat there muttering except me,i grabbed my girlfriends hand and we headed for the exits while everybody sat and watched transfixed...there was no fire but we were first off and had there been a fire/explosion/collision we more than likely would have survived.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
22 February 2014, 15:44,
thanks for the link BP.

timing may be the hardest thing. how many times have we seen things going on and wondered if this could be the spark. I lived in Los Angeles years ago during the riots and seemed like it was happening in a distant place, and life went on as normal other than turning on the news at night to see the other side of the city burning.

I find the current Ukraine situation very interesting. Started as typical demonstration and then spiraled out of control and eventually brought down the president.
22 February 2014, 17:34,
we were beginning to wonder if the flooding was the beginning of TSHTF!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 February 2014, 18:30,
(22 February 2014, 17:34)bigpaul Wrote: we were beginning to wonder if the flooding was the beginning of TSHTF!!

For some people it probably was.
22 February 2014, 19:05,
Theres more storms, heavy rain and wind forecast for next wee so the flooding could return to the south and south west.

22 February 2014, 19:34,
I meant, I thought we were in for a British version of "Waterworld"!!Big Grin