Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The dubious quick kill pt1 & 2
25 February 2014, 17:32, (This post was last modified: 25 February 2014, 17:33 by Mortblanc.)
RE: The dubious quick kill pt1 & 2
TH the rest of the world pays as much attention to the various regions of GB as you do to the various states of the US.

It is like saying one is Californian and not an American and the rest of American history has nothing to do with them.

Skill with a sword ???

If none of the "blade wielding average citizens" have it why do you need it?

Whatever happened to the concept of universal mutual defenselessness?

TH the rest of the world pays as much attention to the various regions of GB as you do to the various states of the US.

It is like saying one is Californian and not an American and the rest of American history has nothing to do with them.

Skill with a sword ???

Skill with a sword ???

25 February 2014, 23:15, (This post was last modified: 25 February 2014, 23:26 by Tartar Horde.)
Mort old chap please pay attention now!
The UK is made of separate countries England, Scotland, Ireland (north) and Wales. Your analogy with California is wrong, California is a state within a country made up of states, ours is a state made up of countries! You will always be an American, i however will never be Scottish, Irish or Welsh.
I thought it would be obvious why having "skill with a sword" would be an advantage as opposed to people who don't, and you disappoint me that a man of your intelligence can't work that out, unless it was an off the cuff curt reply.
I won't post this reply in triplicate as I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you can understand something without having to read it three times.

As an after thought, it would almost be worth it to pay for your air fares and accommodation for me to take you to a place in Glasgow (that's in Scotland if you didn't know) called the Govan, where you can tell the locals that they are same as the English. the resulting video would make youtube history for the amount of different objects one can fit past ones sphincter.
26 February 2014, 00:18,
I realize your imaginary national separations TH but most of the world does not.

As for the sword thing, I hope it works out for you.

As for the triplicate post, consider it a computer glitch on a forum with no edit button.
26 February 2014, 00:31,
Those "imaginary separations" are very real, and the reason the rest of the world don't understand is through a lack of knowledge, if I can start by educating one American it's a beginning.
I have to ask you "do you believe we are all British, and the English, Scots. Irish and Welsh no longer exist"?
26 February 2014, 01:11,
I would like to see that YouTube! It would be at least as interesting as watching a bar fight in one of the "slop chutes" aka "Gentleman's Clubs" the euphemism for places where "ladies" of questionable virtue compete for the attention of soldiers, bikers, truck drivers and meth heads. I only know of such establishments from responding to care for and transport the wounded, intoxicated and otherwise under the influence of illegal controlled substances, after the conservators of the peace have taken the rowdies into custody.

Our hillbillies and your hooligans share common ancestry, galloglasses all. Beannachd Dia duit, a duine!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
26 February 2014, 02:43,
Britain is an abbreviation of Britannia, which was the Roman term for the Island. The union of Scotland, Ireland & Wales with England - over time - formed the United Kingdom. One kingdom formed from individual nations.

The term American comes from the continent of the Americas. So being American includes Mexicans, Puertoricans, Bolivians, Colombians, etc etc (& possibly Canadians as a land border is only a modern theoretical construct). The United states is formed from geographically localized within the vast continent - individual independent regions to form a union - similar process to the UK and with just as much bloodshed but compressed over a shorter more technologically expediated time frame - and not as a monarchy kingdom. An elected head of state instead of hereditary.

Not recognising the well known separate identities of Scots, Welsh, Irish & English within the United kingdom has parallels with the inability to recognise any distinction between North & South Americans within the continent of the Americas. (plus all the outlying islands)

I think this view can only be in a small narrow focused minority who possibly don't see much television.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
26 February 2014, 10:19,
TL I think you will upset ALL Canadians if you referred to them as Americans.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 February 2014, 10:26,
Whilst I'm sure the sources quoted are correct, that many wounds are not immediately fatal, it strikes me that a man with a big spear stuck in him is unlikely to be able to run fast enough to catch me. So in a defensive role, rather than a wartime role, the big pointy stick might be just fine.
26 February 2014, 10:34,
the pikemen of the English civil war did pretty well with what was basically any old farming blade on the end of a VERY long pole.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 February 2014, 16:36,
its a bit of a hefty thing to cart around with you a pike....but I'm with you on the longish pointy thing....going to be seriously disadvantaged in this stabbing, slashing and cutting malarkey as there's an awful lot more of me to aim at than most!Sad
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!