Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini hand warmers
4 March 2014, 19:42,
Mini hand warmers
As we all know, and the Dartmoor guys wonder about, is that I like hand-warmers (the Dartmoor guys remember me sleeping in a leaf shelter with no sleeping bag in the night, at -2 degrees in December, and walking around in shorts the rest of the time).

But for me, hand warmers are great little things.

I like to drop one into my sleeping bag before going to bed. It's brilliant for sub zero camping. Which provides benefits for bugging out gear, but also if there's a power out and you need to get warm.

Just a quick question, what's everyone's views on the different kinds available?

I prefer the click button ones, that are weird gel stuff filled. But my wife loves her Zippo hand warmer (can stay warm for 12 hours at a time). I've just got 2 mini zippo style warmers I'm looking forward to trialling soon.

So I'd love to get some views and feedback.

I'll pump out a review soon (this weekend will see me shooting again, so I'll post a primary opinion review of them then).
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
4 March 2014, 21:03,
RE: Mini hand warmers
TBH never gave these a thought S .....got loads of gloves though
5 March 2014, 00:22,
When I first read the title Scythe I thought "awww bless" lol
5 March 2014, 09:24,
Gel ones with the clicky bit in the middle to activate are good, as are the zippo ones (but I'm too worried about misplacing those ones)

The paper sachet ones, that you expose to air to activate, are crap. Don't waste your money on a box of 100 (like I did)...