Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends!
9 March 2014, 12:07,
RE: Friends!
NOW I know I was right, not only about OPSEC but not having a facebook account too.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 March 2014, 12:29,
I agree with just about every post about the risk to your personal or family Opsec, even among preppers its possible to bugger up your opsec to a degree. The Rvs I held at my home whilst being generally successful and bringing many like minds together I still unfortunately realised that it was not all positive and I have had to move lots of my gear and supplies to an alternate location.

And if you will indulge me a bit more I would like to point out without pointing fingers or making negative judgemental comments but many of us have completely different opinions on how we define a "prepper" and the differences between different levels of commitment / investment / motivation etc can in itself bugger up folks Opsec.

We need to be more careful and selective in our sharing of info.

9 March 2014, 19:58,
I agree with NR I need to ramp up/review my opsec....my intention was to at least open my friends eyes to the worlds future pitfalls...this wasn't just something I brought up to fill a pause in the conversation it was something I'd agonised over...I love these people and don't want them to suffer but I badly misjudged...you think you know people eh!
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
9 March 2014, 20:17,
Its unfortunate but sometimes you have to be conservative and keep your beliefs and practices in prepping to yourself even if you know you COULD reach out to someone of a similar way of thinking. In NR juniors yr11 class there is apparently a girl who is seriously into prepping and her family have an interest in it as well, but as I pointed out to him that those you go to school with are rarely still even known to you five years later never mind still being friends. She is "into" prepping cos she is obsessed with THE Walking Dead TV series, but you all know teens, one minute they love something the next they hate it. I've told junior to say nothing for now but if she is still actively prepping in 2 years we will reconsider. Its a pity cos the kid has 100% more get up and go than most of the muppets I've met in the NE recently.