Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ref Ukraine
4 March 2014, 12:42,
RE: Ref Ukraine
Yup wifey has taken the initiative for once and without my prompting has said she is going to Makro tonight for a mega shop.
4 March 2014, 13:21, (This post was last modified: 4 March 2014, 13:36 by BeardyMan.)
Coincidentally, one of the largest oil refineries is on fire.

Oh yeah, it just happens to be in Russia....

http://englishrussia.com/2014/03/03/larg...s-on-fire/

Coinkydink? Me'thinks not...

Oh, more good news courtesy of MarketWatch:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/russia-...beforebell

Hhmmmm, so maybe no fear of actual war, but currency war instead. Russia have already unloaded $5 billion of gold and foreign currency today, and jacked up their interest rates from 5.5% to 7% in order to keep money in the rouble. China are actively targetting the $ too.

I need to do some more research, then visit the bank...
4 March 2014, 13:47,
Thanks NR,

Gotcha. We = the West, not UK PLC.... I thought you were referring to UK only and couldn't see how that would have been possible.

Cheers
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

4 March 2014, 14:07,
God not the UK, the only thing we produce in huge numbers is chavs and befit claimants.
4 March 2014, 14:16,
the huge numbers are in the bankers bonuses(even when the bank LOSES money they still get huge bonuses)!!Angry
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 March 2014, 14:38,
thats wright BP do the maths NR
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
4 March 2014, 14:43,
the bankers bonuses are FAR MORE than we pay the chavs and layabouts on welfare and the amounts are miniscule compared to what the bankers get.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 March 2014, 15:03,
Well TBH folks I think the Ukraine is likely to be a non story in reference to us, bills will go up as they always do, but I cannot see the UK invading Russia with us only having 82,000 troops which is not enough to protect London never mind the UK. The RN only has one warship covering the UK areas coastline (took em over 24hours to respond to a Russian incursion in Scotland the other week) and no one in Europe would give the RAF permission to fly over their airspace to attack Russians, so our RAF planes ( all three of em) will remain expensive ornaments.
4 March 2014, 15:09,
I don't know is this link is accessible in UK, but George Friedman accurately predicted the current goings on in his 2008 book.

A condensation of the relevant chapters is currently featured in the free section on Stratfor, which may be viewed by n on-subscribers:

http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/ukraine-a...t=readmore

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
4 March 2014, 16:01,
I'm not really concerned about what the UK will do-probably nothing as usual- but I'm more interested in what Russia might do in the light of possible "sanctions".....turn off the gas pipeline maybe??