Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smallpox in Chad
12 March 2014, 16:10,
Smallpox in Chad
Apparently the re-emergence of the greatest killer in world history was not of sufficient interest to keep it from being overshadowed by a discussion of the New World Order in the general threats and risks section, so we will try to raise awareness in the medical section.

https://www.radiodabanga.org/node/68049

After being declared eradicated in 1980 we find the worst killer of humans in world history is alive and well and going strong in the refugee camps of central Africa.

Makes me wonder how many refugees, officials, newsmen or visitors from those camps have passed through Heathrow in the past few weeks.

How long has it been since your last smallpox vaccination?

Oh, you were not in the military and never had one because the disease was ERADICATED!

Well, good luck with that.
12 March 2014, 16:30,
RE: Smallpox in Chad
don't know about anyone else but I certainly don't know anyone who has gone to "a refugee camp in central Africa", last place anyone I know would want to go.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 March 2014, 00:18,
What evidence do you have other than a report given to a radio station in a land of little law? It has as much weight to it as me saying I saw a zombie when I was in the bank today.

You are portraying it as fact that smallpox is back and widespread - that is more damaging in itself than pretty much anything else you could have said.

Would have been much better if you had critically appraised the story rather than causing a potential panic - really, what could one do? Routine vaccination stopped in the early 1970's and as it stands, you cannot be vaccinated.

If an outbreak were to occur, then mass vaccination programs would start again (it is a relatively simple vaccine to produce).

Other than that, you are going to have to bug out - or in - while the rest of the world carries on, as it would, as a smallpox outbreak would not lead to TEOTWAWKI.

If you want to maintain an immunity, then the best course of action would be to handle voles (although this is probably illegal, so I did not tell you to do it) as a varicella virus that will normally not kill you but will provide protection is found in the vole population on the UK.
13 March 2014, 10:07,
So what are we trying to say here. There is nothing we can do, there is nothing that needs to be done and unless you are interested in 4th World Politics there is nothing of interest?

Have I missed something?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 March 2014, 01:31,
Well, I had never really considered a re-emergence of smallpox, other than in some total global war it being used as a weapon. If that were the case, I would have a lot more I should be getting sorted rather than some home brew immunity rolling with the voles.

Should it be a threat, it is much the same precautions when dealing with virus and communicable disease - isolation - keep away from sources of infection, if you are in an environment you are not sure is clean, assume it is unclean and follow your procedures.

If it were to re-emerge, as stocks of the old virus are held, we could make vaccine pretty damn quick. Because the virus is so similar to many others in the animal world, we could use a variety of animals to produce a vaccine - some would be better than others, granted,

The biggest threat I would see is that it would remove meat animals from the market in the short - short/medium market - should it be the virus travels.

You must also consider that an outbreak would stop - for one reason or another - where it started.

If a report comes in from one source of unknown provenance, then to me it really is just an ear pricker.
28 February 2017, 21:05,
Sorry to bum an old thread,but couldn't resist the temptation.
Smallpox was never eradicated it was just given a new name,Monkey pox.If you or anyone was to see two people, one with Smallpox and the other with Monkey pox you couldn't tell them apart.
Smallpox has had a bad press,it wasn't as bad as said by many.
Sir Thomas Sydenham a Physician of Pall Mall had this to say in 1688-- Provided no mischief is done by physician or nurse then smallpox is a mild and safe disease.' Sir Thomas had a mortality rate of between 1 and 2% when treating smallpox.You will note this was a hundred years prior to mr Jenner and his cowpox myth.
Should you choose to look on most medical sites or Wiki,you'll be told that smallpox is contagious; mortality rate is 30%;and there is no cure.All are incorrect,a number of records from British hospitals show that during smallpox outbreaks people visiting patients didn't catch the disease.A number of Doctors both here and in USA conducted experiments that showed it wasn't contagious.Mortality rates in the eighteenth century were 18.8% and in many instances in the nineteenth century they were 2% or zero.
I know of four cures for smallpox,that were used in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries that have been forgotten .

phil
1 March 2017, 07:22,
Next you will be telling us anthrax is no worse than the common cold and cholera can be cured with Imodium.

If smallpox is so easy to deal with why is it one of the favored diseases for weaponization?

And I can show you direct evidence of at least one whole society being wiped out by a 90% smallpox mortality rate.
1 March 2017, 11:02,
No I wont as I haven't studied Anthrax or Cholera.

Which society has a 90% death rate from smallpox and are you sure it isn't caused by the vaccine.

Bit more info,in 1810 a report submitted to Parliament stated that 535 children had been vaccinated of whom 97 had died and a further 150 had serious side effects.Now the side effects could include blindness,deafness ( not necessarily in both eyes or ears),and various other life long illnesses.

Statistics from all around the world show that in the countries with the highest vaccination rates they also had the highest death rates during epidemics and pandemics,such as when England and Wales had a 97.5% vaccination rate in 1871/2 we had our largest death rate of 44,840 and Scotland with a 98% rate lost 6000 children under 5 years of age.The German states with a 98% vaccination rate lost 130,000 people.

Phil
1 March 2017, 11:18,
Phil,

Smallpox is a killer. It doesn't have a bad press but a accurate one for a disease that has killed millions.

The cures can't have been forgotten if someone knows them. Please tell us what they are so we can add them to our preps.

MB,

The reason it is weaponised is that it is such a good killer and we have no defence against it now. It being eradicated means the stockpiles were binned, except for a few reserved for TPTB.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 March 2017, 13:47,
Nothing wrong getting a dose of smallpox, it'll make a man of you, its character building Smile
ATB
Harry