Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smallpox in Chad
1 March 2017, 16:58,
RE: Smallpox in Chad
Spill the beans Phil ! as you reveal all ....i will tie MB to a chair tape some earphones to his head and play PUPPY LOVE by Donny Osmond.....on a repeating loop that ought to sort the bugger.....he brought it upon himself...don't feel a bit bad, hold up ! for the benefit of all MB fans I AM JOKING ! but very keen to learn something of value .
1 March 2017, 22:58,
So going back to Sir Thomas and his era,the normal treatment by doctors of the day (1688 ish) was that as you had to pay they only treated people with money,the poor did without,or went to a herbalist.
Normal treatment was to bundle the patient up in bed with all windows closed and a fire lit and well stoked with wood or coal,extra bedclothes were added to the bed.The medicines used contained mercury or arsenic or strychnine and plenty of brandy and wine both of which had added spices.
Despite the patient needing water it wasn't allowed,as it was thought that the medicines and alcohol would kill the germs.Normal death rate under this treatment was 30% to 50%.
Sir Thomas did the opposite, kept his patients out of bed until the pustules started to form,then they when to bed,windows left open and no fire (unless it was winter time),bedclothes kept to a minimum and only up to the waist,plenty of small beer to drink and no strong alcohol. Result only 1 to 2 % death rate.
Homeopathic death rates when treating smallpox vary between 0% and 2%.
During the 1871 and 1872 pandemic a doctor Girdwood the superintendent of the hospital ships at Long Reach,Deptford reported to the Lancet that his death rate had been 17.5 % but when he stopped using alcohol it dropped to 6.5%.
In early 1890's Gloucester had it's own epidemic and a high death rate due largely poor hospital arrangements.
A capt.Felden a doctor from Derby came down and offered his help,he treated just over 200 patients,with a mortality rate of 2%.
Apart from seeing that they had fresh air proper food and ample clean water,he only treated them with a medicated lotion on their sores.
As he appeared to be a homeopathic doctor its probable that the lotion was either Calendula or Hypericum lotions.

In 1877 a report appeared in a Canadian medical journal that a Dr Roth had had complete success treating smallpox patients,both those who were already infected and preventing infection of those nursing them with two table spoons of raw cidert apple vinegar in some warm water,three times a day. This treatment was confirmed by another doctor in 1899 ( Dr Howe) and again in1901 by a professor Mc Lean.

A 1901 article said that Echinacea cured even confluent smallpox,it was taken both internally and as lotion on the sores,but also had been used to stop Anthrax boils from forming.(note there are two types of Anthrax Internal and External it only mentions the external type.

I will come back with more info as I'm currently looking at Colloidal silver which seems to be a very important remedy for many bacterial and virus infections as well as various fungal problems as well.

Phil
2 March 2017, 01:09,
Phil, collodial silver is a load of bollocks mate, now snap out of it and get back to reality Smile

http://www.quackwatch.org/

Your writing style seems familiar to me, what other forum names do you go under?
ATB
Harry
3 March 2017, 04:22,
(1 March 2017, 16:58)Straight Shooter Wrote: Spill the beans Phil ! as you reveal all ....i will tie MB to a chair tape some earphones to his head and play PUPPY LOVE by Donny Osmond.....on a repeating loop that ought to sort the bugger.....he brought it upon himself...don't feel a bit bad, hold up ! for the benefit of all MB fans I AM JOKING ! but very keen to learn something of value .

No, not Puppy Love!

Anything but Puppy Love.

Though I did have a bit of a spacey incident while listening to Comfortably Numb on the headphones the other night. I could stand a bit more of that as long as I don't have to listen to these medical treatments straight from some witch doctor's hut.
3 March 2017, 10:17,
Witch doctors hut ! .....well try this on from my place.....Honey and Cinnamon....well alright not my place really ....Youtube actually ....okay back to my bongos , PS going to try it though 2 parts honey 1 part cinnamon make a paste add warm water to make a tea .
3 March 2017, 17:18,
Hi Harry had look at doctor Barretts site two things I know about he knocks I;ve used with success in the past so don't think I'll listen to him.
Back was fixed by a chiropractor which was magical, various other ills fixed by homeopathy and still functioning ok.
So while I do some more checking on SC,try googling The logic of Figures by Dr t Bradford, it contains a lot of research on how effective homeopathy was alongside allopathic medicine,includes smallpox, cholera but I don't think anthrax is there.
You will notice that a couple of times the overall figures don't match up to the listed diseases, think this is probably due to the checker not being very good at maths,no computers in them days.

Phil
3 March 2017, 18:25,
Phil, its the retired soldier in me, if it ain't proven don't use it. Homeopathy simple does not work other than on a very basic level.

If I had a chest infection I'd not rely on 'snake oil' brewed by some quack, I'd use antibiotics. If I've got a headache I'll not be chewing willow park, I'll be on tested and proven medications.

Sorry Phil, I hate quacks mate your views will fall on deaf ears.
ATB
Harry
3 March 2017, 19:15,
It pains me deeply to have to agree with HP on any subject but in this instance I have to throw in with his view fully.

When my grandfather was born life expectancy was 53. When my dad was born it was up to 70. When I was born it was near 80 and my son has a life expectancy of 100.

One need only look at a chart of the life expectancy of the nations of the world to realize what modern medicine has done. I was talking to a man from Tanzania a couple of weeks ago who has moved to a "first world nation". He had just celebrated his 50th birthday and he was thrilled. He was the first person in his family to live to 50 years! Why? Because he had access to modern medicines.

Because of modern medicines WW2 was the first war where fewer people died of infectious disease than battle wounds. Up till then more than half the deaths in war were germ related and not combat related.

The year I was born the greatest killer in my nation was pneumonia, I am now inoculated to prevent that disease along with dozens of other ailments that once killed half the population before their first birthday and dropped old folks in their tracks.

That improvement was not due to more frequent use of home remedies, herbal potions and chanting incantations. It was through applied use of modern medicines.

I am alive today due to medical procedures now considered routine treatments. 40 years ago I would have died when I had my heart attack, or within a few short painful months. That heart attack was right at the 53 year old life expectancy of my granddad. Modern medicine has given me another 15 years added to the home remedy lifespan.

I am also sitting here pain free due to a back procedure on a spine no chiropractor would touch.

If what you had was fixed by what you did it was not very bad in the first place.
3 March 2017, 20:10,
While i take the same view with regard to modern medications ,i also see a place for old remedies ...stinging nettles = doc leaf (antihistamines ) the knowledge and progression with adaption of old remedies morph into what we now call cutting edge....all great when you can get hold of it and supply is good, but what it was NOT ........i for one would be checking out ANY remedies to ease,cure or relieve any ailments just like they did way back then, if it failed ...so what...you would die simple as .....but i bet you would be knocking back honey and cinnamon by the bucket full, but for now i'll be staying with the modern stuff ....while stocks last ! in any event you would be a complete Idiot not to record a recipe or procedure that may one day save you or a loved one .
4 March 2017, 19:40,
I've a very simple viewpoint. I may use medicines when available but if they are not I'll use what is available and if that is what is consider quack medicine now when there are no medicine it may make the difference. These cures are passed on from times before medicines when there was no other options and these cures made a difference. Maybe not as much a difference as medicine did but enough to make them known as cures.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin