Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caring for elderly relatives in an economic collapse
14 March 2014, 20:31,
RE: Caring for elderly relatives in an economic collapse
Made provison for my mother and brother......this was always on the cards but firmed up in the past six weeks ,created more room, now increasing my preps
15 March 2014, 11:31,
No way could I leave my folks to fend for themselves, I also believe that we have a responsibility towards them. You can only do the best you can, especially when dealing with medications as they have limited time usage. Having said that, it does make me wonder how many would live a more beneficial life without being manipulated by a lot (not all) of these mind numbing and multiple side effect cocktails.
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
18 March 2014, 16:30,
Heck! My wife and I ARE the "elderly relatives"!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
18 March 2014, 22:14, (This post was last modified: 18 March 2014, 22:23 by Mortblanc.)
(18 March 2014, 16:30)Jonas Wrote: Heck! My wife and I ARE the "elderly relatives"!

My point entirely!

I spent the first 20 years trying to get out of my parents house,

the next 20 years trying to get my own kids out of MY house,

the next 20 years trying to keep everyone from moving back into MY house!

I love them all, but they ain't coming back and I'm not going to live with them.

Major earth shattering incidents are another thing. They would all show up at the door at once and I would be glad to have them here.
20 March 2014, 01:15,
This is a massive concern for me, as well. Due to my fathers age and ailing health. There has been talk of sending into a home, but to save costs they want us to look after him, despite his wishes of going into a home.

My point being, how do you do that, how do you look after people when you already have the state and social workers on your back, imagine if suddenly I can't do 5 loads of washing a day.
Positively Pessimistic