Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behavior of the "Golden Horde" in the UK
14 March 2014, 20:21,
RE: Behavior of the "Golden Horde" in the UK
I think we should not! Underestimate the numbers of desperate sheeple heading OUR way .....even if its your view the masses will wait and just die off ....I do not hold this view , there will be plenty of them to keep us ALL busy as mentioned by others survival is a key sense of our nature ....just because we discuss it and we are members here on SUK does NOT mean we are supreme beings.....we are a bit more switched on....is all......prepps is one thing.....hanging on to them is something very differiant I suspect.
15 March 2014, 10:54,
(14 March 2014, 20:21)Straight Shooter Wrote: I think we should not! Underestimate the numbers of desperate sheeple heading OUR way .....even if its your view the masses will wait and just die off ....I do not hold this view , there will be plenty of them to keep us ALL busy .

I think this will only be city people who become refugee's as if you live in the country you have already "bugged out" in a sense, we cannot base our predictions on 70 years ago, people are different these days, but my problem has always been and remains=where are they going? I plotted expected "refugee drift" on a map years ago and its all going to be AWAY from my area, give a few good storms, some flooding, some landslides and Devon will soon be cut off from the rest of England-as we have seen recently .
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 March 2014, 12:43,
Generally speaking I think you are right , your neck of the woods has very little to offer a refugee...were I fleeing from an anarchic city becoming riddled with disease I would head for arable land(more manpower may be needed there) not cattle and sheep country but that's just me being logical but there's no guarantee that's how others will think...some might see the solitude and low population density as a boon ....you have no large population centres as near neighbours so that's in your favour...people will be passing through in dribs and drabs pretty infrequently.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
15 March 2014, 12:54,
(15 March 2014, 12:43)Midnitemo Wrote: Generally speaking I think you are right ,....you have no large population centres as near neighbours so that's in your favour...people will be passing through in dribs and drabs pretty infrequently.

a bit like it is now, traffic is all local +a few delivery trucks.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 March 2014, 14:19,
I think the closest anyone is to a large city that's where the problem will be most acute, especially if these "refugee's" have no set idea of where they are going but are aimlessly wandering about looking for food etc.
19 March 2014, 23:10,
I know a few people who would see the power grid going down either as hell on earth or a dream come true.

What I am concerned about is the lack of security cameras, that is what keeps most people at bay, consequences. They would loot and once the power comes back on they have their ill-gotten goods, tvs and leisure goods, no idea what they would do after the food is gone. People would panic immediately, in a, quick non-perishables sort of way, I imagine after a few hours when it sinks in that this is long term.
Positively Pessimistic
20 March 2014, 09:40,
I saw on another forum(not a prepper one) someone put "no internet, no reason to live"!! I laughed my socks off at that!
20 March 2014, 11:51,
(19 March 2014, 23:10)Kiril Wrote: I know a few people who would see the power grid going down either as hell on earth or a dream come true.

What I am concerned about is the lack of security cameras, that is what keeps most people at bay, consequences. They would loot and once the power comes back on they have their ill-gotten goods, tvs and leisure goods, no idea what they would do after the food is gone. People would panic immediately, in a, quick non-perishables sort of way, I imagine after a few hours when it sinks in that this is long term.

there may be localised riots, a bit like the Autumn riots a few years ago, happens in some places but not in others, but to a large extent I think most sheeple will wait for the govt to sort things out, it will be days if not weeks before they realise no help is coming, by then there is no food in the cupboard and none in the shops!
20 March 2014, 19:31,
I think 72 or so hours would be more likely that there would be problems to first start happening, like people's fridges cutting out and the food spoiling.
Positively Pessimistic
21 March 2014, 07:51,
There are some locations that will be safe from refugees, remote areas of Scotland spring to mind. I'm way out West, but I have to consider boat loads of people arriving from Ireland, it's happened before.