Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Long Sword...
16 March 2014, 00:02,
The Long Sword...
Hi, Guys...

INTRODUCING, MY NEWEST BEST FRIEND...I love my new babe so much, I think we're due to become bed buddies! That could take some caution to do safely! Ouch!

Now, for the expert, guided tour.

1. The part on the left is the point of the sword.
2. The part in the middle is the middle of my sword.
3. The part on the right is the handle of my sword, which, I've noticed, makes swinging the sword around a lot less painful and bloody than when I'm holding onto the pointy bit and doing it.

(Gosh, I'm so educated, and stuff!)

Ian.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sign on my back door: "Dear Burglar: Name anybody who will be looking for you beneath my floorboards!"
16 March 2014, 01:04,
RE: The Long Sword...
You'd love a lot of Timelord's posts. He knows his swords a little too well.

I'd love to see one used in the confines of a narrow passageway or up the stairs...that kind of thing. In our library you could swing it, but I also see some major obstacles that would cause it issue.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
16 March 2014, 01:34,
Hi...

I've always made certain to practise everything in confined spaces and in the open, because it's the only manner of practising that makes any sense. Nunchaku, Escrima, etc., are all practised in as many awkward environments as I can locate. I even practise all fist/elbow blows standing on one leg - great if you wanna lose some weight off the thighs and hips and helpful if you still care to fight with an injured leg.

I'm looking forward to reading a lot of Timelord's posts, then...I like learning new stuff - it's exciting! Smile

I'll be getting 2 of these newer goodies, this week, chaps...

Next Goodies!

Ian.
Sign on my back door: "Dear Burglar: Name anybody who will be looking for you beneath my floorboards!"
16 March 2014, 06:09,
What model is it?.It looks like a Valiant Armoury AT304S .You could still use it very effectively in a narrow hallway or on a staircase,just half sword it and use it as a spear.

Very nice looking blade though Ian.I do like the elegant simplicity of a good euroCool
16 March 2014, 12:45,
mmm thats nice wouldn't look out of place as a wallhanger(ready to go)in a study....my old fella had a couple of african spears as wall hangers when i was growing up...the're there and available at a moments notice but not obvious.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
16 March 2014, 20:44,
Talon...

I don't know what model it is, but the guy I buy from can get Valiant, Boker, Gerber and Battle Orders stock in, so it probably is what you've detailed.

I just love the whistle it gives, flying through the air just above the postman's head, but I never did figure out what all the nice Policey cars were doing out there, and all those flashing lights, megaphones and those really big water pistolly looking things! They shouted something about how I should stop making my sword whistle, or something...they have their own tastes in music, I suppose.

They appeared to suspect me to be tired, because they were advising me to have a lie down. When I shouted to them that I wasn't tired, they said they'd have to use their lots-of-tears-lather on me, or soak me with their squirty guns. I thanked them for that and told them I'd just showered.

They thought about it for a while and then shot me sort of, y'know, dead on the spot.

So, here I am, writing this post from my armchair in Paradise, surrounded by Cheryl Cole, Kate Beckinsale and Beyonce look-alikes and, I really must say, it's jolly nice to be here!

I can't think where I put my sword, though! Oh, look - there's Karen Carpenter...must dash!

Ian. Angel
17 March 2014, 00:18,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4
17 March 2014, 21:36,
Great idea!

I'll become Britain's Black Night - so stupid that people are campaigning to make me illegal!