Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User Experiences
17 March 2014, 21:56,
User Experiences
As you may know from the main site I'm looking at revamping the sites. To do this I need some feedback from yourselves.

Leave a comment with you views on the sites, All of them with what you like and don't like. What you think should change and why.

All views considered. Don't hold back either. I want to know the truth.

If you can't or don't want to leave a message here then send me an email instead.

I look forward to seeing your comments.

SD
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 March 2014, 22:20, (This post was last modified: 17 March 2014, 22:22 by Scythe13.)
RE: User Experiences
I'd quite like to see a topic opened to discuss the latest article on the main site. A lot of the articles are brilliant, but I'm a little hesitant to start a thread about it, incase people just start adding links to the main site topic.

Also, bring back the 'rating' and 'thank you' buttons. I have a reputation of 30, and there are many others whom should have higher reps than me.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
18 March 2014, 09:58,
A more "neutral" background would be ideal. I only log in from work, all this green and blue stands out!
18 March 2014, 15:57, (This post was last modified: 18 March 2014, 15:58 by Lightspeed.)
Having learned the ways of this forum, I am happy with it as is.

For me the new hosting arrangements have led to a more stable site.

BM's comment on colours has my support. The greens and blues do indeed stand out a little too obviously.

Thanks are a nice touch. Ideally I'd like to see that function replaced. But for me a tally of how many thanks received and reputation points are just vanity features that contribute nothing.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

18 March 2014, 17:26,
Personally I think the forum works as it is and can't really think of changes that would improve it.

The only thing I can think off, though not sure if it is needed, is the addition of a 'Closed Forum' where only members with a certain number of posts can view/post which would allow more sensitive issues to be discussed away from an open/publuic forum.

Also another section could be 'Member Benfits', again only open to members with an agreed number of posts to their names, where other members can potentially post discount codes they have found (or negotiated) or proposals for group buys etc.
18 March 2014, 17:59,
Thanks for this guys. Keep it coming. I won't respond to each as they come in but wait for a bit to allow them all to come in.

I'm recording every comment and when I look at what is going on I will respond to every one in the way I received it. ie. In public or in private.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 March 2014, 13:46,
I participate in a few different (non-prepping) forums, and also like a closed forum which only members can view.

Apart from that, I always wondered about the pic at the top of the site. For a site which emphasizes prepping and bugging-in more than outdoor survival, those pics of the dude catching a fish and what is either a huge compost mound or a debris shelter are a little out of kilter with the site's content.
25 March 2014, 18:36,
How about not only closing the forum to non members, but make them sit an entrance test first, Smile SERIOUSLY we desperaytely absolutely do need a graded membership based on skill, experience, or something similar.

25 March 2014, 19:00,
as it is Survival UK couldn't we just keep it to people from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland? cant see the point of having members from elsewhere who don't understand anything about the UK.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 March 2014, 19:09,
I agree in general with BP, I don't mind the occasional foreigner who has something positive to contribute joining, like Jonas and radio skills or CH and his knowledge.

But I've been here since almost the start of this forum and a major aspect of SD setting it up according to our Lord and Master himself was a forum that focused on BRITISH prepping that is what attracted me.