Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User Experiences
13 April 2014, 12:50,
RE: User Experiences
NR from Jedburgh ( I think) what a dump.

LS, we all come here to learn and debate and learn but very many people don't like it the way it is, to contentious and hostile with people like BP and Myself posting to much.

So lets be open and fair let the others set the tone and direction (lead was a poor choice of word) They don't want it the way it is now so let them show us how they do want to see the forum develop, all respect to them, its easier than constantly fighting to be sure.

And the added bonus of getting lots and lots of high qualities articles and debates being posted each week by those who are currently unhappy should inject some much needed fresh stimulation to the forum. Scythe is already adding much good stuff almost daily and it is generally good well thought out material. So Tof, Bug out Bag, Beardy and anyone else who is unhappy with things can step in and help us improve the forum.

Its better than fighting and I for one don't want to spend time writing posts that are unwanted, so give the majority the opportunity to set the direction the forum goes, it cannot possibly do any harm.
NR (now looking for food)

13 April 2014, 13:09,
Thanks for PM NR. You are set up not to receive replies, so this post is to acknowledge.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

13 April 2014, 13:14,
more news info.

less of the same old people saying the same old things.

more mods.

a section where you can vote for wanker of the month and the winner is banned for the next month.
Survive the jive (youtube )
13 April 2014, 13:36, (This post was last modified: 13 April 2014, 14:02 by TOF.)
BP 13/4/2014
how about you putting your money where your mouth is and posting a thread or 3 yourself??
http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.p...t=cacheing

Of the 39 posts, 10 were from you and every single one was negative. You even manage to throw the OP so off track, that a decent discussion is impossible.
Your negativity drives people away and kills a thread dead. Every single time a subject comes up that you don’t agree with, you simply troll it to death with negative answers. Aperson can only take so much, what’s the point in posting a half decent subject when you come in with your sodding great flat feet and stamp on it.

NR Darling.....
Started by TOF 20/09/2012.
http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.p...wdered+egg

Started by NR 28/10/2012.
http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.p...WDERED+EGG

I’m not the only one who posts about dried egg.

Big Grin

@BP.

Since my last thread, you have posted twelve. One was to show off a knife, one gave a wrong piece of info. 3 were a general moan and the rest were links! how does that provide a useful and interesting discussion.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
13 April 2014, 15:56,
(13 April 2014, 10:24)bigpaul Wrote: how about you putting your money where your mouth is and posting a thread or 3 yourself??

that goes for everybody else too, in stead of moaning about what other people post or have opinions on, how about some one else taking a lead and posting some good prepping info, not chit chat, or complaining that something someone else has put up is not relevant or is a load of bollocks, time for the rest of you to take a lead, maybe then us oldies can take a back seat and let you get on with it. this site does not run itself, its only as good as what anyone puts on it, so lets see what ya'all can do, although I'm not holding my breath going by past experiences.

In the last 2 weeks, I've started (probably) around 45% of the recent threads. Do I want a medal? Well, actually it would be nice, yes. But I don't post about how awesome I am....oh wait haha.

The thing is, people want an open discussion. I appreciate TOF's input, I appreciate BM's input. I seek out LS's input, and when TH isn't hunting, I get his input too. I appreciate nearly all input. But the thing is, a lot of threads get derailed, when they should really be made into new threads, to stop information getting lost, e.g. when I asked about BOL Camo, then started a thread about Roaming Bugging Out, because Dev gave a new perspective I'd not explored before.

People, especially new members, want their posts answered and not derailed with different things. For an example of how quickly stuff can be derailed...If someone asks about input on what a Gerber Machete is like, the replies will be stuff like "I don't want to use a machete post SHTF" or "I love my Mora" or something like that. As great as those things might be, it doesn't answer the question, it just increases a post count. The same with guns, where someone will ask about that, and the discussion goes about how awful guns are and how you'll get out of ammo before you've even fired a round, and how awesome bows and arrows are. Instead of derailing a thread, start a new one! Or, better yet, why not answer the question being asked. When I asked about how to camo a BOL, it took nearly 2 pages to get an answer to my question!!! REALLY?!?!? TWO PAGES OF CHAT BEFORE THE QUESTION WAS ANSWERED!!!!!

So, I think answering the question and being positive about other input, or even disagreeing nicely, would really help newer members a lot more.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
14 April 2014, 08:12,
Quote:So, I think answering the question and being positive about other input, or even disagreeing nicely, would really help newer members a lot more.

I agree.

To me a forum should be somewhere where your ideas and viewpoints can be challenged and tested, and a place where you can do the same to other peoples views. If your plans or opinions can't stand up to a bit of scrutiny then they probably wont work in practice either.

It's surely better to find out your views are wrong (or that there maybe a better way of doing things) on a forum that finding out later when your life may depend on it

If people want a place where they can spread their "wisdom" without it being challenged then maybe they need to be writing on their own personal blog and not on a forum.

Being able to discuss different ideas and views in a civil/mature manner without getting all butt hurt because someone disagrees with you also helps
14 April 2014, 08:33, (This post was last modified: 14 April 2014, 09:17 by BeardyMan.)
(13 April 2014, 12:08)NorthernRaider Wrote: I am so looking forward to Bug out Bag, Beardy Man, Tof etc enhancing our lives even more, and if we are very lucky SUK will become a clone of DIFO and UKP full of joy and contentment and erm .........

Ah, fuckoff dickhead. All you do is post fucking lists of shit, then get grumpy when no one improves them for you.

(14 April 2014, 08:33)BeardyMan Wrote: Ah, fuckoff dickhead. All you do is post fucking lists of shit, then get grumpy when no one improves them for you.

Actually, that's a bit unfair, sorry.

All you do is mostly post fucking lists of shit, then get grumpy when no one improves them for you.
14 April 2014, 09:30,
(13 April 2014, 13:14)Sunna Wrote: more news info.

less of the same old people saying the same old things.

more mods.

a section where you can vote BP wanker of the month and BP is banned for the next month.

more like it..... you'd get a lot more intelligent conversation, member participation and good ideas that way
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
14 April 2014, 11:59,
so what is going to change on this site.

will sd take action on what members want ...?

the most common things are , news threads, and more mods.

so sd i think we have all been here before , will you give us what we want...???????
Survive the jive (youtube )
14 April 2014, 12:42,
I'll be closing this thread and considering the options starting Friday morning this week, say midnight on the 17th.

I'll then consider the responses and answer each one so you know what I am thinking and then, if necessary, plan and execute any changes necessary.

Thanks for your input so far and keep it coming, if you don't mention what annoys you how while I know?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin