Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retreat ( Video)
18 March 2014, 16:10, (This post was last modified: 18 March 2014, 16:11 by Lightspeed.)
Retreat ( Video)
Exquisitely filmed psychological thriller set on a remote West of Scotland isle.

Survival theme, use of radio, remote and isolated location, and one pretty lady got my attention.

The Retreat building itself, and its supposed setting is dribblingly fantastic to anyone with the slightest interest in survival retreats and homesteads. Oh to be able to find and afford something like this... Its kind of how I imagine Tarrel's house is?

The plot is a little thin but intriguing. It is a poignant reminder to check sources of information before going into full lock down mode.

A good twist at the end of the story will appeal to those with a distrust of TPTB.

For entertainment value: Highly recommended
For prepping content: Entertainment only.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

18 March 2014, 20:16,
RE: Retreat ( Video)
It's worth a watch. The twist is pretty predictable though.

If you mixed Retreat, Walking Dead, and The Road, you'd have one hell of a film, and an even better TV series.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
19 March 2014, 00:43,
Quote:It's kind of how I imagine Tarrel's house is?

At the risk of compromising opsec..

[Image: 2zrghh0.jpg]
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
19 March 2014, 05:52,
Wow Tarrel, what lovely house. It really is quite close to the type of house in the film.

Maybe don't let Mrs. T watch the Retreat film, it might spook her. Worse it might give her ideas. If she does watch it, just make sure you keep shot guns out of her reach afterwards!
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

19 March 2014, 18:44,
Can't wait to see it! Huh
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.