Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scavenging.
3 April 2014, 11:18,
RE: Scavenging.
Where I'm working at the moment is full of raw materials that they have scraped. I tatted about a grands work of camping gear at festivals last year people just can't be bothered to pack there kit down and leave it for the dozer to scoop up. At one of the big ones they even leave caravans
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles
3 April 2014, 12:25,
I can pick up the 45 gallon blue plastic drums (water butts) from industrial estates and farms on a regular basis.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 April 2014, 13:51,
I abhor waste, so was shocked at the amount / type of stuff that was being thrown out when I worked at one of the major department stores in Australia around a decade ago. Everything from slightly damaged tables (ie. small scratches on the legs) that could have been sold at discount, through to $300 pairs of jeans, were just thrown in the skip, as they had been written off by the stock department. When one of our team said he would be more than happy to pay a few dollars for a lot of stuff in the skip, he was told he would be charged with stealing and fired if he took anything out.
You should have seen the looks of disbelief, immediately followed by huge smiles, when the waste removal company turned up to take the skip though. I'm sure the driver and his mate went and stopped in the nearest abandoned lot and took all the good stuff out, much of which could have been re-sold on ebay or similar.
3 April 2014, 23:11,
Its not scavenging or even just salvaging, its the ethos of being a RECOWARRIOR. lol or warrioress :-)
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
5 April 2014, 11:34, (This post was last modified: 5 April 2014, 12:16 by bigpaul.)
"Scavenged" this morning from a Farm Sale: 1 as new Aladdin thermos flask, 1 not as new , these are the old glass lined ones. 3 linen pillowcases, 1 flannelette sheet, 1 WORKING Hitachi radio.

these were all FREE on "help yourself" table.

just checked out the radio, can get a lot of stations on it, also can get short wave which I think people will be using to contact each other post SHTF? if so I've now got a receiver to listen to same.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.