Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Oh the warm south coast is so nice........
31 March 2014, 21:07,
Oh the warm south coast is so nice........
........that the Mossies that carrying Dengue Fever and Malaria are likely to be a real issue before long in the bottom half of the country, oh well they can keep the termites and scorpions that have made themselves at home darn sarf company.

More seriously if this newish threat continues to be a growing problem we are going to need to be PROACTIVE after TSHTF and there is no official support. EG around the home / retreat you will need to consider filling in puddles, or things that can hold stagnant water that mossies like to breed in. In some parts of the world when faced with an outbreak people are believed to put mineral oil onto the surface of the stagnant water which forms a bariers the mossies cannot poke their breathing tubes through.

Disease carrying mossies darn sarf and sabre toothed midgies in Scotland I'm pleased I live here cos I usually get eaten alive when the buggers are biting.

Anyway add some DEET to your kits.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/467...mosquitoes

1 April 2014, 12:25,
RE: Oh the warm south coast is so nice........
The the threat of global warming (oh the arguments those words create) you're not going to be so safe up there NR. Either the Scottish midges or the Southern Mozzies will be heading in your direction. Enjoy!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
1 April 2014, 12:52,
it was reckoned that malaria mozzies had already taken up residence on the Somerset Levels, some of the pools were ideal breeding grounds.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 April 2014, 22:44,
Malaria was common in London as recently as the 1600's. Estimates up here are that we're in for a bumper midge season this year. Combination of mild winter and damp spring has provided ideal breeding conditions!
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
2 April 2014, 13:19,
In the coming few thousand years these islands will see huge amounts of change as the climate warms up to it's interglacial maximum, becoming more like the Mediterranean. The Ice cap around the Arctic will melt, alongside the Antarctic will be much reduced in size. One of the last interglacials saw Hippo, Lion and other such animals living in the UK at Boxgrove. This is a perfectly natural cycle, but has been hijacked by the climate change Nazis as an excuse to Tax you more. People like Sir David Bellamy who have vehemently disagreed with the science behind this have had their views silenced by the media, this is why he no longer appears on TV.
2 April 2014, 14:39,
(2 April 2014, 13:19)Tartar Horde Wrote: In the coming few thousand years these islands will see huge amounts of change as the climate warms up to it's interglacial maximum, becoming more like the Mediterranean. The Ice cap around the Arctic will melt, alongside the Antarctic will be much reduced in size. One of the last interglacials saw Hippo, Lion and other such animals living in the UK at Boxgrove. This is a perfectly natural cycle, but has been hijacked by the climate change Nazis as an excuse to Tax you more. People like Sir David Bellamy who have vehemently disagreed with the science behind this have had their views silenced by the media, this is why he no longer appears on TV.

You only have to look at one of the local villages near me on the North Devon Coast (Westward Ho!) - Half a mile out to sea there are the carbonised remains of the tree trunks of an old forest which can only be seen at low tide on the highest of spring tides - the sea used to be way out beyond that point! At the same time, half a mile inland beyond the village are the "old" vertical sea cliffs from where the sea used to smash upon the shore. This one place clearly (geographically) illustrates how global warming is part of a cycle which we cannot control.
2 April 2014, 15:59,
(2 April 2014, 13:19)Tartar Horde Wrote: In the coming few thousand years these islands will see huge amounts of change as the climate warms up to it's interglacial maximum, becoming more like the Mediterranean. The Ice cap around the Arctic will melt, alongside the Antarctic will be much reduced in size. One of the last interglacials saw Hippo, Lion and other such animals living in the UK at Boxgrove. This is a perfectly natural cycle, but has been hijacked by the climate change Nazis as an excuse to Tax you more. People like Sir David Bellamy who have vehemently disagreed with the science behind this have had their views silenced by the media, this is why he no longer appears on TV.

Yup, we were taught this in school. Natural cycles.
Now it's all "man made", as you say, so we get taxed up the arsehole...
2 April 2014, 16:02,
only if you pay taxes, you are supposed to own your own company, I'm sure you put as much as you can on "business expenses" so lessening your tax liability.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 April 2014, 16:30,
(2 April 2014, 16:02)bigpaul Wrote: only if you pay taxes, you are supposed to own your own company, I'm sure you put as much as you can on "business expenses" so lessening your tax liability.

Ahhhh, but if its a Ltd company, then it is the companies money, not yours and as soon as you want to take the money out, the tax man wants his share.

So first of all the company pays VAT on the products/services it buys; it then charges VAT (on behalf of the Government) on the sales it makes; the company then has to pay additional corporation tax on the profits it makes AND then if there is any money left (bearing in mind it has already been taxed), it will be taxed again as income if it is drawn out of the company by the shareholders/directors etc!

But yes there are ways of lessening the tax, but the Government still gets more than its fair share.
2 April 2014, 16:55,
(2 April 2014, 16:30)Devonian Wrote:
(2 April 2014, 16:02)bigpaul Wrote: only if you pay taxes, you are supposed to own your own company, I'm sure you put as much as you can on "business expenses" so lessening your tax liability.

Ahhhh, but if its a Ltd company, then it is the companies money, not yours and as soon as you want to take the money out, the tax man wants his share.

So first of all the company pays VAT on the products/services it buys; it then charges VAT (on behalf of the Government) on the sales it makes; the company then has to pay additional corporation tax on the profits it makes AND then if there is any money left (bearing in mind it has already been taxed), it will be taxed again as income if it is drawn out of the company by the shareholders/directors etc!

But yes there are ways of lessening the tax, but the Government still gets more than its fair share.

yep I did the VAT returns, also PAYE and NI returns when I worked for a LTD company. I was really thinking about the time I was self employed, I never paid tax and I put as much as I could against business expenses-quite legally I hasten to add- so I never paid tax, its also handy if your paid in cash too!!!!