Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ten out of TEN
3 April 2014, 17:41,
RE: Ten out of TEN
not really, I'm just glad I don't live in London, it looked really bad on the news, as a "recovering" asthmatic(well I've been labelled with it all my life..haven't had even a mild attack in 9 years) I'm glad I'm not walking about in that lot.....must make driving interesting??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 April 2014, 20:43,
Shortly after my previous contribution there was a news item on the local tv where folks were questioning the 'smog and pollution situation'. It would appear that most of all this was a 'forecast' and therefore open to interpretation rather than being accepted as a fact.
OK pollution levels were 'up' but not everywhere - if you live in a large town or city you probably have been touched by it. Elsewhere probably not. In any event there does appear, in the press at least, to be some kind of an effort to get us to worry about something, anything, on a daily basis. So I am not going to pay much attention to the scare stories any more and just get on with what is important to me and mine.
3 April 2014, 21:40, (This post was last modified: 3 April 2014, 21:42 by NorthernRaider.)
its passing now but London AS reports a 14% increase in 999 calls from people with breathing difficuties

Iaaems, chances are its just govt PR to help keep the sheeple distracted from the complete fiscal and political the country is in.

3 April 2014, 22:49,
(3 April 2014, 13:55)Jace Wrote: According to the World Health Organization, the recommended safe limit for PM2.5 particulate readings is 25.
In the part of China I live in, we regularly had readings over 300 last year, with several days above 500 and even one of 600. Although the schools had to close down and people were told to stay indoors, most people of course had to go to work etc, so masks of any thickness were the order of the day.

This is another reason (in addition to epidemic) that I am stocking up on face masks. I only have the cheap disposable ones at the moment, but will be looking to stock up on the industrial ones soon when I have some cash.

Like I said BP, the UK10 is a Chinese 2. I have loads of friends in China, as anyone that's met me knows, so it's not a knock on the Chinese.

It's all relative.

NR, do you have any actual figures for previous Ambulance Service calls instead of just the 14% increase? Would be good to see how many calls the 14% increase equates to. That could be as few as 5 or 6 for the 14%, in a population of a few million, that is very insignificant!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 April 2014, 23:29,
1.6M 999 calls in London each year, this equates to about 4380 calls a day, so 14% is an extra 600+
4 April 2014, 07:20,
which is an extra 0.007% (ish) of the central london population affected by "serious" breathing difficulties (assuming a single casualty per call)

i'd bet a pound to a penny it's the frail that are suffering, probably those that'd survive a day or so without meds even on the clearest of days
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
4 April 2014, 08:54,
On the local radio yesterday everyone was complaining that they had to wash their cars.......errrr. Then there was the Yummy Mummy type complaining that the school should do somthing about the pollution, twenty R.V.s parked at our local school, all with engines running whilst delivering there sprogs! Me thinks most peeps missing the point!