Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honshu Tanto Twins!
5 April 2014, 13:06,
RE: Honshu Tanto Twins!
Another big spend. Found a couple of interesting items on the second link.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 April 2014, 17:38,
Hey, Guys...

Try http://www.knifeman.co.uk and let me know what you think. I've never bought anything from them, though. It's another addictive funhouse, though, be warned!

Ian.
Sign on my back door: "Dear Burglar: Name anybody who will be looking for you beneath my floorboards!"
6 April 2014, 03:44,
A lot of battle orders inventory are display pieces/wall hangers...not sure I'd place much trust in there wares....might be a bargain amongst the tat but you'd need to handle the goods,
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
6 April 2014, 08:17,
Yeah battle orders did some good gear in the 80s but united cutlery do so good stuff
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles
6 April 2014, 11:35,
Aye...I call some pieces "swords on boards" and I'm sick of seeing them around. What moron would leave such items where burglars (of all kinds, including the uniformed type) can just lift one down and stroll up the stairs with it. They corrupt the comfortable shopping experience - anything Barnett that's a sword can be passed by. The tang of some Barnett swords is as much use as a basket-woven oil tanker.

I've been getting my stuff from them, via Blades UK. Some folk have never heard of them, I know. Their guy, Lawrence, is head-spinningly honest about what I should go for and what I should avoid...he's not misdirected me even once. The Tantos, above, came from/through him/them. So did the Viking Sword and the Long Sword I've posted about. If you contact him, tell him Ian sends his regards and tell him to put down his service revolver...I'm not all that bad! (I think the guy's on Valium because of me! "Can you check that the pommel's not loose, that the blade's not too scratched up, that the guard is tight, that the leather around the handle is okay, that the leather around the scabbard is okay"...etc., etc..)

If I choose a sword (7, so far, in fact) that he knows I'd find more like a display toy, he warns me...now, that's pretty good. So far, at a guess, he's enabled me to avoid wasting around £650 and I've used that to get much more trustworthy pieces, as you have seen. I've not experienced that on the Net at all, in 14 years.

He can get stuff from Cold Steel UK, Boker, Gerber (RIP), Battle Orders, Anglo Arms, Armex and a fair few others and, with him being that honest, I know I'm no longer buying somebody's Internet junk. I'd had a few bad buys in the past and I was feeling like giving it up, altogether. Once they knew that I was often housebound and couldn't send things back to them, some companies began to dump their sub-standard, obviously flawed things on me. That all changed, though. Whooo!
Sign on my back door: "Dear Burglar: Name anybody who will be looking for you beneath my floorboards!"
6 April 2014, 11:53,
I'll stick with my Voyagers and Blade Techs plus my beloved Sting.

5 May 2014, 11:02,
United Cutlery may do some good stuff but their company is crap. I ordered a few items from them a months ago. I got about a third of the order, including the tanto but the rest has been pending delivery for a month. They must be using snail mail with real snails.

Despite writing to them three times I have had no reply. Just wrote again this morning.

I would suggest you find another site if you want anything this side of doomsday.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 May 2014, 10:51,
(There are others who have met this trouble on orders.)

SD: How do you like the Tanto? Also...what else did you order?...which other goodies?

I think 'civilian' orders take bottom rack position against dot-com orders. It's worth getting your stuff through somebody other than UC, even if the items have to go to them from United Cutlery...it'll speed things up, quite a bit. That's why I did it. I've led a life cursed by long waiting periods. Hang in there, though. Try giving them stick over the phone, SD. I know that, if they have to order things from America, the delay is ridiculous...that's been told to me several times.