Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just contemplating
4 April 2014, 15:46,
RE: Just contemplating
ok don't bother, don't be a plonker all your life-take a day off.Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 April 2014, 19:04, (This post was last modified: 4 April 2014, 19:35 by Midnitemo.)
I often head off out into the world with just my keys ,wallet and mobile phone.....I never feel ill prepared , always wear sturdy footwear , most if not all my coats you will find definitely a wooly hat and possibly a pair of gloves in the pockets.....in this modern age people don't tend to stray far from there car which has a cache of useful kit in it(GHB/car bag) but most importantly my best piece of kit never leaves me...my brain! quite often you can think/improvise your way out of a problem....a pic of my keys...this is my minimum carry

just thought that pic of the tool closed isn't very helpful so here's an open oneShy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
4 April 2014, 21:55,
I'm away from my home and car as we speak so I wondered what was in my pockets and I know that I carry these at a minimum at all times.

iPhone
Keys
Lighter
ResQ-Me (Cuts seat belts and breaks car windows)
Gerber Folding Knife
Mini Multitool from Gerber
Cree Tactical Torch
Debit cards
Cash

Altoids Tin containg
1 x AA Battery
1 sachet coffee
1 x powdered creamer
1 small straw containing bleach]
1 small straw containg liquid Ibuprofen
1 pencil sharpener
2 tabs Loperamide
3 tabs co-codamol 30/500
2 tabs Bisacodul Laxative
1 sewing kit
1 plastic tie wrap
3 tabs of strong mints
1 sachet Dioralyte
6 water purifying tabs
6 windproof matches
1 Fire starting tab
1 condom
1 piece Duct Tape
1 piece silver foil
2 x £20 notes
2 x 20 Euro notes

As I examine the tin I'm thinking "thats not too bad"
4 April 2014, 22:02,
Not bad Mon cheri, not bad at all, no lippy? Smile

4 April 2014, 22:07,
Mmm Not in my tin at the moment - but I'll see if I can make room.
5 April 2014, 02:08,
I find it interesting to compare the contents of people's Altoids tins. I confess that I keep three, one being a "cash stash" adequate for a tank of gas, cheap motel room overnight, a hot meal and a wash & dry load at a truckstop laundromat on the road.

Second tin is a small medical kit with first aid items and a five day supply of personal meds.

Third tin contains an aviator's Sparklite fire making kit, NATO type button compass, whistle, Fenix EO1 LED light and extra AAA battery, folding surgical prep blade, Dermasafe folding hacksaw, fishing line and military Speedhook.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
5 April 2014, 07:59,
In Urban areas there is one piece of gear that I carry, legally even though some say certain people should not have one, that can save your life in a 7/7 or Riot type situation. Fits in your pocket & looks like a normal item if stopped. Said item gives you access to water a fairly short term safe pace and other benifits. Anyone guess as to what it is.........answers on a post card please
5 April 2014, 09:30,
Manhole key? Disappear into the underworld!
“In the long history of humankind those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed” Charles Darwin
5 April 2014, 12:33,
"RADAR" key. Gives you access to disabled toilets. Access to Water and a lockable cabinet.
?
5 April 2014, 13:18,
Radar keys also give you the ability to unlock padlocks on cycle path gates and nature reserves and other such places.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.